Blogs

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
As writers, do you suggest them? Or would they only distract you from your "actual" writing?
I myself am not sure about them; I once had a blog but most of the time I just rambled.
The my parents found it and weren't happy. Let's just say they're begining to realize that I'm not like them.
Ah, the sweet teenage years...
e2bike2.gif

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good question! I hope you get lots of answers, because I've never really gotten hooked on the idea. Who's the audience? Who goes around reading other people's blogs?

Maybe, through this thread, I'll get it. (Oh, yeah: can you tell how old I am? I'll bet you can.)

Thanks for asking the question!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
It's can go either way. I think my blog does pull in a few readers but is probably more of a distraction than a marleting tool. Mainly it's just for fun.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
I enjoy reading other people's blogs, especially if they have a niche.

For me, my blog gave me an outlet to write about a subject that I love, and I think that in turn has made me take my writing more seriously. Also, until I get a website the blog is a good showcase for my writing.

But on the other hand, I find that because I love writing about royalty in my blog, I do it to the exclusion of other (paying) opportunities.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Hi Akuma and poetinhat! There are some threads here on the blogging forum where a number of folk have talked about writing and blogging - hope you'll check them out and whether you decide to blog or not, you're always welcome here. You're also welcome to check out the Absolute Write Blogs thread and visit our bloggers, too. Might provide some insight!

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Though I think blogging is fun, I do see it as a distraction from what I should be writing.

I am torn though.

Because I hate it when my blog is not updated, yet if I spend too much time on it, guilt sets in when I realise I should've been dedicating that time to my WIP.

So, I keep my blog entries short and sweet, and I rarely get deep as I'd rather that energy be saved for my WIP.