Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
This afternoon I find my large pot of sour cream in the microwave. So I am left wondering. When did I put it there and why--I mistook it for the fridge? the dog did it? There's nobody else in the house.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
LOL. I found my car keys in the freezer once. I didn't even bother trying to figure out how they got there.

:Shrug: :Shrug: :Shrug:

Cheryll

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I sometimes bring dirty dishes and put them on my bath tub, or put the things from the fridge in the sink.

Then again, I've been known to lose things in my hair.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my kitchen the oven, the microwave, and the freezer all have doors at about the same height, lined up in a row, all with handles on the left and hinges on the right.

When my brain's on autopilot, I just open one of them and put whatever needs to go in a particular appliance in whatever appliance I opened. It doesn't seem to matter which--except that time the oven was still pretty hot and I melted an ice tray. Boy, did that stink! I hope the sour cream was nowhere near that bad.

Maryn, absent-minded without a professorship

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
If you do such things when you're young, make a note of it so that when you're old, you won't have to wonder whether putting the dog food in the candy dish proves age is stealing your memory.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
I did it. Both times.

Well, Rob... next time you're putzing around in my refrigerator, would you mind filling up the ice trays and throwing out any leftovers that have gone bad? Thanks. ;)

Cheryll

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I once put a Lionel Richie record on a turntable.

Talk about disoriented.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a freshman in high school, one morning my mom found the cereal in the fridge. She figured I had just stuck the box there on accident. So she went to put it away and found the sugar where the cereal should be. And yup, when she went to put the sugar away, she found the milk.

I don't know what I was thinking. I know I was in a hurry and in my defense, I was very sleep deprived because along with going to school, I worked two jobs (leaving home at 4:45 am and not usually getting home until around 11 pm to midnight).

So I must have had a gazillion misfiring neurons and I don't think it has gotten any better since then.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
If you do such things when you're young, make a note of it so that when you're old, you won't have to wonder whether putting the dog food in the candy dish proves age is stealing your memory.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: @ post # 11 and 17. Funny, funny reph.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
When I was growing up, my mom used to put the iron in the fridge from time to time. I used to think that was weird—until I grew up and it started happening to me. My most recent brain-swap was this:

I manage our apartment building and from time to time buy quarters off the laundry machines when I run out. So, the other day, I took out $18 worth of quarters and wrote a check for that amount. About ten minutes later, I found the check in my pocket. I was sure I'd put the check into the coin box in the machine. I remembered locking it up. When I went back to check the coin box, inside I found the pen with which I had written the check.

I'm always finding old cups of coffee in the microwave, but they were put there on purpose—just forgotten.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My mom is known for buying something at the store and paying for it, then leaving it behind when she walks out.

I've also seen her pay for food at a drive-thru and try to drive away without the food.

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
It's called a "cognitive failure."

Usually caused by lack of sleep, fatigue, being tired, stress, etc. Your attention just isn't as great or focused as usual, and you do things like dump out the rest of your iced tea in the garbage rather than the sink, or put the milk in the pantry, pour OJ on your cereal, etc.

Happens to everybody.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's the old, old joke about the doctor who reaches for his pen only to find a rectal thermometer in his breastpocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.