PDA

View Full Version : may I just sit here and whine for a minute or two?

Anninyn
12-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I keep hurting myself today.

The chair tipped over and deposited me in the bookcase, where I hurt my head, my hip and my wrist. Then, in the hour since, I have bruised my elbow on the kitchen tabletops, my thighs on the computer desk, and I strained my ankle going downstairs to pick up the post.

I'd go to bed, but I'm pretty sure I'd fall down the stairs.

Undercover
12-13-2013, 05:25 PM
I get that way too sometimes, where I'll suddenly walk into the wall as I'm turning the corner or something, totally misjudging it. (I know that might sound silly.) My kids think it's hilarious. Then later on I'll have these bruises I can't remember how I got. So yeah...I feel ya.

But maybe resting would be best for a while, maybe on the couch or something? Just to refresh yourself. I notice when I do these things I'm really overtired and can't sleep. But just resting (even if you can't fall asleep) helps.

Anninyn
12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm tempted to retire to the sofa with a book and watch some brainless TV.

Undercover
12-13-2013, 05:39 PM

Sounds like a plan!;)

Maryn
12-13-2013, 05:43 PM
I second that. I never get hurt watching TV.

Maryn, safety girl

robjvargas
12-13-2013, 06:09 PM

Or, you could get it over with and run full-speed into a wall.

By the time you wake up, it's tomorrow. :D

I think I'd better tag this appropriately: :sarcasm

Although I have been tempted to actually try this.

Kylabelle
12-13-2013, 06:11 PM
:roll:

Anninyn
12-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Or, you could get it over with and run full-speed into a wall.

By the time you wake up, it's tomorrow. :D

I think I'd better tag this appropriately: :sarcasm

Although I have been tempted to actually try this.

I may have done that once. By accident.

I broke my toe.

This whole thing is not an uncommon occurance with me. Once I bruised my, erm, groin on a metal barrier fence.

robjvargas
12-13-2013, 06:22 PM
I may have done that once. By accident.

I broke my toe.

This whole thing is not an uncommon occurance with me. Once I bruised my, erm, groin on a metal barrier fence.

Ouch ouch ouch.

:cry::e2beat:

Kylabelle
12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I once wrenched something in my hip, just dancing. Got carried away in the music, twisted something too hard, and then limped for a few days. I didn't even know that was possible!

Whenever I do stuff like this, I figure it means my attention is not focused in my body enough.

ap123
12-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Did someone say wine?

oh. I agree, grab a cozy blanket and curl up on the couch. :)

Undercover
12-13-2013, 06:54 PM
That and stubbing my toes. And it's always in the middle. Then again, my feet have been through the war, but still go barefoot most of the time.

*slippers mama, that's what slippers are for.

Kylabelle
12-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Did someone say wine?

*snork* Um, no... :D

That and stubbing my toes. And it's always in the middle. Then again, my feet have been through the war, but still go barefoot most of the time.

Oh God yes, the poor little toes, that hurst the worst!

*slippers mama, that's what slippers are for.

Slippers never helped me any. They're too soft and thin.

kkbe
12-13-2013, 07:17 PM
robj, that was funny. oh man. Hey, I stood on a little kid's chair, fell off and fractured my foot and messed up my back, ended up with seven screws in that foot and two lumbar fusions. So. . .

:chair <-- yikes!

Undercover
12-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah, not much of a slipper person either. Sometimes maybe, it depends on the weather. But most of the time I'm walking barefoot. My kids joke I got Frodo feet (that's probably too embarrassing to say, but still they're not that bad, but still haha) Since I have ezcema too, having socks or slippers just makes my skin itch too much.

i'm painting a really bad picture of my feet...:roll: (i'm ashamed to say i also live just like a hobbit too. but don't most writers live that way anyway?)

please people, start agreeing with me before i become a suspicious little hobbit again

Ambrosia
12-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Slippers never helped me any. They're too soft and thin.
Steel-toed slippers? Perhaps that's a marketable product.

I agree with the others, Anninyn. Retiring to the sofa with a book or watching tv sounds like a great plan. :)

mirandashell
12-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Yep. Blanket, sofa, crap TV, hot chocolate. Brandy in it if you can.

Caitlin Black
12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm not so sure about steel-toed shoes. I was once wearing steel-toed boots and kicked an old-style computer monitor in the screen. (It was already a dead monitor and was about to be taken to the trash.) My little toe was sore for about a week afterwards. I think I may have broken it, but they can't splint toes, so I never got it looked into.

And yes - feet are the worst. Once, I was walking outside barefoot. I went to walk around a corner, and smacked my little toe (the same one as above) into some hard metal. Basically, there was the outdoor portion of a wall-unit air conditioner (that sucked in air) sitting on some steel-ish runners to keep it off the ground. And I smacked my toe into the runners. Took my nail off - very painful!

I think that toe must really hate me by now...

heza
12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Perhaps, also, some bubble wrap?

My husband threatens to wrap me in it. My big problem is that when I try to walk past a door, especially if I'm sort of turning a corner into a room, I'll leave enough space so I don't run into the door, but I forget to account for the door knob. So I always have these huge, round bruises on my forearms.

I also fall down a lot... for not reason whatsoever.

Anninyn
12-14-2013, 01:33 AM
I have a gigantic lump on the back of my skull which is really sore.

But at least I'm not concussed!

When I fell down and hit my head, I started crying. The cats, lovely, loving things that they are, got up from their sleeping places and stared at me until I stopped.

jjdebenedictis
12-14-2013, 01:34 AM
I once wrenched something in my hip, just dancing. Got carried away in the music, twisted something too hard, and then limped for a few days. I didn't even know that was possible!I knew someone in university who once came in with a big welt on his forehead because he got his head stuck under a couch while dancing.

The longer explanation for how, exactly, that happened was every bit as bizarre as the short version I just gave you.

mccardey
12-14-2013, 01:43 AM
I keep hurting myself today.

The chair tipped over and deposited me in the bookcase, where I hurt my head, my hip and my wrist. Then, in the hour since, I have bruised my elbow on the kitchen tabletops, my thighs on the computer desk, and I strained my ankle going downstairs to pick up the post.

I'd go to bed, but I'm pretty sure I'd fall down the stairs.

Oh, blossom... :Hug2:

Today I went into the chickens coop wearing sandals, and found out that's it's not a good idea. I have raised a flock of toe-attackers. I swear if I'd fallen there'd be nothing left for the coroner...

Chase
12-14-2013, 03:23 AM
I have raised a flock of toe-attackers.

Surely this is a problem only for those with corns on their feet. :D

Kylabelle
12-14-2013, 03:47 AM
When I fell down and hit my head, I started crying. The cats, lovely, loving things that they are, got up from their sleeping places and stared at me until I stopped.

Oh yeah. Being stared at always makes me feel better when I'm crying.

:D

I knew someone in university who once came in with a big welt on his forehead because he got his head stuck under a couch while dancing.

The longer explanation for how, exactly, that happened was every bit as bizarre as the short version I just gave you.

At least he encountered an object. I did this without touching anything!

*groan*

Anninyn
12-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Oh yeah. Being stared at always makes me feel better when I'm crying.

:D

Two sets of blank yellow eyes. Two fuzzy little black and white faces.

"Why are you making that noise? It's stopping me from sleeping. Desist, food dispenser"

Rotes
12-14-2013, 04:23 AM
Two sets of blank yellow eyes. Two fuzzy little black and white faces.

"Why are you making that noise? It's stopping me from sleeping. Desist, food dispenser"
That put me in a better mood.

Anninyn
12-14-2013, 04:50 AM
That put me in a better mood.

If there had been an outside viewer the whole thing would have been pathetically amusing, I suspect.

I fell over very slowly, sort of... staring blankly, with only very minor attempts to break my fall. Then I hit the floor, and lay there with the chair beside me, on a load of books and discarded water bottles. Then I cried. After a few minutes, two cats started staring at me.

It's the sort of thing you'd write in as happening the to awkward girl in a slightly cruel sitcom and everyone would laugh at it while feeling guilty.

mccardey
12-14-2013, 05:02 AM

sign for *groan*

mccardey
12-14-2013, 05:03 AM
If there had been an outside viewer the whole thing would have been pathetically amusing, I suspect.

I fell over very slowly, sort of... staring blankly, with only very minor attempts to break my fall. Then I hit the floor, and lay there with the chair beside me, on a load of books and discarded water bottles. Then I cried. After a few minutes, two cats started staring at me.

It's the sort of thing you'd write in as happening the to awkward girl in a slightly cruel sitcom and everyone would laugh at it while feeling guilty.

You poor thing. :Hug2: :Hug2: But be glad there weren't any chickens.

Anninyn
12-14-2013, 05:19 AM
You poor thing. :Hug2: :Hug2: But be glad there weren't any chickens.

I'm glad there were no chickens. I'm also glad my cats had been fed that morning. There was a look in their eye... I don't think mistress tubby-butt would even wait for me to be dead.

Hanson
12-14-2013, 05:21 AM
whine?

of course.

without whine, the is no unwhine (unwind)

or wine

Anninyn
12-14-2013, 08:48 PM
this morning I am sore all down my right hand side and I had a headache beating me up all day. Not a surprise, perhaps.

Today I shall have a hot bath, then apply a wheat pack to the offending areas and curl up on the sofa with my husband.

Snowstorm
12-14-2013, 09:02 PM
... When I fell down and hit my head, I started crying. The cats, lovely, loving things that they are, got up from their sleeping places and stared at me until I stopped.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough day, but I gotta tell ya that was the best giggle I've had in days!

:Hug2:

Caitlin Black
12-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Am I the only person wanting to know the full explanation for how that guy got his head stuck under a couch while dancing? :D

jjdebenedictis
12-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Am I the only person wanting to know the full explanation for how that guy got his head stuck under a couch while dancing? :DIt was very enthusiastic dancing. The sort where you occasionally need to use your hand instead of your foot to make the next move.

Caitlin Black
12-15-2013, 02:48 PM
LOL.

I shouldn't laugh too hard... I once got a knee to my nose while headbanging. :tongue