Website
www.auroraclairmont.com
UPDATE

The book is fully released as of today! :D
Please let me know what y'all think. <3

Book Page
Author Page
My Website

Any suggestions on promotion would be most welcome. :)

-Original Post-

Greetings everyone. I never intended for my first topic thread to be so so big! BUT!

I finished writing my first book Monday the 2nd and submitted it that night. Now, that might raise some eyebrows, but I heavily edit as I write. Just a thing I do.

Now let this sink in. I said first book. I mean first book. As in I have not written a book, even a novella before.

Ok... now...

Only a week and a half later I hear back with a green light. I was floored. Who does that!? How did that happen!?

Generally they take 3-4 maybe more weeks to get back to new authors. At first I thought my friend who used to work for them as an editor must have said something. But, she hadn't. I did it on my own.

I don't know what to do with my hands and my mind is racing.
No idea how I am going to sleep tonight...

Note: I have not written a book before, but I have spent entire days writing back and forth with friends since 2005. My longest day was typing for 14 hours straight. Creating characters, world building, coming up with situations and playing them all out. So I have 8ish years of regular writing experience. I just was doing it for pure fun and with friends.

Not sure what is going to happen from here. Never done this before. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
wow congrats! Eight years? I've only been writing for a year, boy do I have a long way to go then! :)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and get back to us with the exciting specifics when you can!

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck with your book!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

AuroClair

Aurora Clairmont
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.auroraclairmont.com
wow congrats! Eight years? I've only been writing for a year, boy do I have a long way to go then! :)
Yup! A little over really... <3
It is all about taking the first step. :}

That's great, Aurora! Much good luck! calls for :Cake:s!
Whee! CAKE!?!??!?!! <3
Thank you so much. *gobbles like a thanksgiving turkey*

Woa, that's amazing. Congratulations and good luck!
Thank you!! I am looking forward to the process. I haven't done it before! I hope it is a good experience. :}

CGs and get back to us with the exciting specifics when you can!
Last night I confirmed I wanted to move ahead. Then I got a follow up email first thing this morning. Boy they move fast! They welcomed me and gave me some more information. Basically a chart with all the different publishing slots outlining the timing for each one and listing what is going to happen and in what order.

They have set it for March! That seems awful quick to me. I hope I can keep up with any edits they want from me. :}

I should be getting a contract and cover questionnaire within the next few weeks. <3

Congrats and good luck!
Thank you!!! <3

Best of luck with your book!
Thank you so much. :}

That's absolutely amazing!
It is absolutely overwhelming too!! :}

Awesome! Congrats!
Thank you, thank you. <3

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

:hooray: It does happen. (Says one who's been there.) :hooray:

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Really? You had something like this happen too? What did you do with yourself?

Congratulations! :)
Thank you! :}

Congrats!!! Who's the lucky publisher???
It is an adult novel. Going to keep the publisher to myself for now. But they are an epub that has been around a while. My friend worked for them as an editor and a writer. They are actually physically located in my home town. I could easily drive over and bother them. >:}

I am sure they wouldn't appreciate it though!!

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! How incredibly amazing! That's a lot of hard work you must've put in. I hope you only continue to do more amazing things. We're rooting for ya. :D

AuroClair

Aurora Clairmont
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.auroraclairmont.com
Congrats, AuroClair! :hooray:

Be sure to check out our Bewares, Recommendations and Background Checks room to see if the publisher has been mentioned there :)
Sure did! Don't see it anywhere on there... but I don't feel like digging in further than 15 pages. xb

I also know someone who physically worked in their office as an editor and wrote for them. Her mother is a lawyer too and checked all the contract stuff out when she went to work for them. :}

Wow! How incredibly amazing! That's a lot of hard work you must've put in. I hope you only continue to do more amazing things. We're rooting for ya. :D
It wasn't forced and I enjoyed the process thus far greatly. I am looking forward to the next steps. <3

Thanks for the love guys! I am a total newb and feeling all the feels. Love it! <3

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Sure did! Don't see it anywhere on there... but I don't feel like digging in further than 15 pages. xb
This thread might help: Index to Agents, Publishers, and Others.

CaoPaux, the room mod, keeps it regularly updated, so if the publisher isn't mentioned there, odds are it hasn't yet got a thread :)

I also know someone who physically worked in their office as an editor and wrote for them. Her mother is a lawyer too and checked all the contract stuff out when she went to work for them.
Cool!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
AuroClair, I'm really pleased for you and I hope that this all works out well and that your book sells a huge number of copies: but I am a bit worried by the speed at which this has all happened.

Would you mind letting me know the name of your publisher, by PM or by rep-point, so that I can reassure myself that all is ok?

AuroClair

Aurora Clairmont
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.auroraclairmont.com
Ok, if I can figure out how!
Thing is this forum shows up top of google searches and I don't want to look like a spaz before even signing on! You know?

usuallycountingbats

Procrastinating on the net.
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, if I can figure out how!
Thing is this forum shows up top of google searches and I don't want to look like a spaz before even signing on! You know?

If you click Old Hack's username, you'll get a drop down menu - one of the options will be to send a private message. Click that. :)

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Contract signed and book cover questionnaire sent. :}

It is Siren~Bookstrand y'all. And so far they are awesome. <3

This is a stunning achievement! Congratulations, that was so so quick! Better go out and have lots of celebratory dinners and or parties! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.