I did something crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aswiftsunset

Meow.
Registered
Reaction score
In the summer my friend and I, who met on an internship, joked about creating our own magazine one day.

Guess what we did this past week?

I am surprised that we had the guts to go through with this, since we're both teenagers with no money. I've really been surprised at the generosity people have given to us, though, with donations.

I suppose I can self-promote a little bit, right? :D

This is our website. It's a little minimal right now, but we're saving up money to register a domain -- we are hoping to get enough by the end of our first week to afford to register it for a year. It'll be a good starting point.

If you're interested, we're also looking for staff and submissions to our first issue. But this post is about how we actually managed to do this! It's only in the beginning stages, but I've started something.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's pretty strange to think where I might be now if I'd had it in me to go after my dreams at your age. Keep at it and who knows where you'll end up.

Maryn, pleased for you

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
awesome! that's good news!

I find something strange and kind of magical about the creative process. First you dream up a thing, make the thing, then let it out for other people to experience in their own way.

Very cool :)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! I'm impressed. Wishing you all the best, too.

Um, not sure why you need to save up for a domain name, unless you're after one that's pricey for some reason. But I pay something like 15 dollars a year, via iwantmyname, for a domain name. Then again, there are many things about all this that I do not know. :D

Great news, Swifty!

Taylor Kowalski

professional mountain troll
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mostlytaylor.com
Wow, how exciting! The site looks really lovely, though I don't imagine it should be too expensive to acquire a domain name. They're actually pretty cheap. Are you trying to buy one with the Wix professional package thingy?

Best of luck!

aswiftsunset

Meow.
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! I'm impressed. Wishing you all the best, too.

Um, not sure why you need to save up for a domain name, unless you're after one that's pricey for some reason. But I pay something like 15 dollars a year, via iwantmyname, for a domain name. Then again, there are many things about all this that I do not know. :D

Great news, Swifty!

I'm checking out different options. We need a company that will take PayPal, and one that will give us just the domain without hosting, because we already have hosting.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, iwantmyname does take PayPal but I don't know about the hosting. Seems to me they just handle the name and leave all the rest to you.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool! Good luck! :)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and best of luck with your new adventure!

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! Best of luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.