PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off!

Maryn
12-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Or on, as the case may be. I don't know how long this is going to work, so visit sooner rather than later:

1. Go to vogue.co.uk (http://www.vogue.co.uk/). If you have a script-blocking add-on, temporarily disable it for the site.
2. Hit the arrow keys in this pattern: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right,
3. Type 'b', then 'a'. (No quotes, just hit those keys.)
4. Keep hitting 'a'.
5. Laugh.

Maryn, sharing all the important stuff

Edit: I've just discovered hitting 'a' faster is even better

L. Y.
12-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Wow. That was cool. :D

(I'm being vague so I don't spoil the surprise)

Haggis
12-08-2013, 11:53 PM
A must see for everybody. :)

MaryMumsy
12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
So fun.

MM
giggling

jjdebenedictis
12-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Hey, I have a white toque like that!

Ona Mission
12-09-2013, 04:54 AM
That was awesome.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Ha!

Maggie Maxwell
12-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I gotta admit, I don't know what I expected, but it was not that. And I love it.

Maryn
12-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if they were hacked by someone with a fine sense of humor or if they did this themselves. I'm sure it's driven a lot of traffic to their site, either way.

Maryn, seeing how many she can get going at once

Supergirlofnc
12-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Ha! That was great (: Roar!!!

Ona Mission
12-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if they were hacked by someone with a fine sense of humor or if they did this themselves. I'm sure it's driven a lot of traffic to their site, either way.

Maryn, seeing how many she can get going at once

My son thinks it was put there intentionally by the coder of the website. He threw out all sorts of ideas why: pay cut, bad holiday bonuses, in-office break up, demotion. He may not have a clue about the coding thing, but the ideas got busy in my mind and caused random giggles to squeak out of my mouth for hours.

Little Anonymous Me
12-09-2013, 08:11 PM
:roll:

I sent the link to my mom, and at first she thought I was mad, but as soon as it worked....:ROFL:

onesecondglance
12-09-2013, 09:29 PM
It's the Konami code!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uuddlrlrba

It's not a malicious thing - just an Easter egg. A bit like Googling "recursion" (go on, try it).

ZachJPayne
12-09-2013, 09:32 PM
haha, that was cute.

jjdebenedictis
12-09-2013, 10:24 PM
My son thinks it was put there intentionally by the coder of the website. He threw out all sorts of ideas why: pay cut, bad holiday bonuses, in-office break up, demotion. He may not have a clue about the coding thing, but the ideas got busy in my mind and caused random giggles to squeak out of my mouth for hours.Often these things are done just for the lulz, and not as punishment to the employer. In fact, the employer often knows about it and thinks it's pretty funny too.

There's a long history of including Easter Eggs in computer games, for example. I remember in one of the Thief games, there was a room you could find your way into where you could play basketball. Given the game was set in a pseudo-Steampunk world, that was pretty amusing.