Hats Off!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or on, as the case may be. I don't know how long this is going to work, so visit sooner rather than later:

1. Go to vogue.co.uk. If you have a script-blocking add-on, temporarily disable it for the site.
2. Hit the arrow keys in this pattern: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right,
3. Type 'b', then 'a'. (No quotes, just hit those keys.)
4. Keep hitting 'a'.
5. Laugh.

Maryn, sharing all the important stuff

Edit: I've just discovered hitting 'a' faster is even better

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. That was cool. :D

(I'm being vague so I don't spoil the surprise)

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I have a white toque like that!

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out if they were hacked by someone with a fine sense of humor or if they did this themselves. I'm sure it's driven a lot of traffic to their site, either way.

Maryn, seeing how many she can get going at once

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
I'm still trying to figure out if they were hacked by someone with a fine sense of humor or if they did this themselves. I'm sure it's driven a lot of traffic to their site, either way.

Maryn, seeing how many she can get going at once

My son thinks it was put there intentionally by the coder of the website. He threw out all sorts of ideas why: pay cut, bad holiday bonuses, in-office break up, demotion. He may not have a clue about the coding thing, but the ideas got busy in my mind and caused random giggles to squeak out of my mouth for hours.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
My son thinks it was put there intentionally by the coder of the website. He threw out all sorts of ideas why: pay cut, bad holiday bonuses, in-office break up, demotion. He may not have a clue about the coding thing, but the ideas got busy in my mind and caused random giggles to squeak out of my mouth for hours.
Often these things are done just for the lulz, and not as punishment to the employer. In fact, the employer often knows about it and thinks it's pretty funny too.

There's a long history of including Easter Eggs in computer games, for example. I remember in one of the Thief games, there was a room you could find your way into where you could play basketball. Given the game was set in a pseudo-Steampunk world, that was pretty amusing.