Kindle Select and giveaways

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, was reading this thread after doing a search-sounds like you guys know what the changes are on amazon kindle select--anyone know why I'm unable to have free giveaway days now? I can't find this info anywhere! All it shows is the "new" promotion they are pushing...I thought the 5 free days were supposed to renew every 3 months or so?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Haunted, it's best if we don't hijack existing threads by asking unrelated questions in them, so I've peeled your post out of bearilou's self publishing diary thread.

I'm sure there'll be people around soon who can answer your question.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
OK

OK-but the reason I asked it, was they were just talking about the new changes to the amazon select program...

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Nothing has changed with the free days, AFAIK. You can still do 5 free days in each enrollment period. What's new is the Countdown promo. You can do either free days or a Countdown promo but not both.

Try contacting KDP support if you don't have the option to do free days. They generally respond within 24 hours.

J. Tanner

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjtanner.wordpress.com
Available as usual for me.

The layout has changed since adding the countdown option but all I need to do is click the arrow dropdown to select a free promo.

It should only disappear for two reasons, you've used all 5 free days during the enrollment period, or you've used/scheduled a countdown promo during the enrollment period.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you guys! But do the free days automatically restart after each enrollment period, or do I have to un-enroll then re-enroll? sorry for hijacking the thread-just could not find this info anywhere in a search except for here!

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You subscription is automatically renewed in KDP Select once you sign-up once, and after each 90 day period, your free days and Kindle Countdown days are reset i.e. you've 5 days available to use again.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Mine has not renewed so something is wrong....

FionnJameson

Fionn: 0/Year: 24
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you should contact KDP staff and find out what's going on. From what I surmise, there's not a whole lot of people here who take part in the Countdown deals. I would suggest you ask your questions in the KDP community, as you'll probably get an answer quicker than you would here.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Maybe you should contact KDP staff and find out what's going on. From what I surmise, there's not a whole lot of people here who take part in the Countdown deals. I would suggest you ask your questions in the KDP community, as you'll probably get an answer quicker than you would here.

You may want to read further up the thread a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.