PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Science Fiction beta reader partner.

iwannabepublished
12-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I have almost 60,000 words done on my Science Fiction story. I would describe it as soft-core. There are no space battles or exotic technologies involved in my story. It is a story that brings together a group from our future and a group from our time. Decedents of Earth have settled 23 worlds by the turn of the 25th century. A genetic based disease is claiming millions of lives on all the worlds and medical science is faced with a difficult task of tracking the illness so it can deal with it effectively. This future team is tasked with promoting the study of genealogy so that an otherwise harmless wave in time is created that will bring a more complete family tree record to the future. 25th century scientists will use this 'new' record in order to eradicate the genetic material before it causes more deaths. The team from our time is sent to investigate what turns out to be a resupply craft sent to the team from the future. Ultimately, the two teams exchange information and work together to solve the universal epidemic while not disturbing the normal flow of time. Obviously, this is an early synopsis that really doesn't do the story justice.

I am, of course, more than willing to swap work. I'm hoping to find someone that can point out any and all problems and issues with my story and also any stupid grammar, spelling and punctuation issues. I will be happy to do the same in exchange. http://accentuatewriters.com/images/smilies/spin.gif

Please send me a private message if you are interested.

Thanks in advance.

Nimyth
12-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Hello,
Sci-Fi fan here, I would be willing to read it - Due to a head injury though I can not edit- I miss a lot of obvious mistakes- but I can tell you what I like and don't like about the story, and point out any plot lines that are confusing :)