Agent sent me the reader's report of my ms

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
I recently rec'd an R on a full manuscript. The agent cited an issue with my MC as the reason she was passing. She told me the ms had rec'd a glowing reader's report and offered to send it to me if I was interested.

I wrote back to the agent that I had pulled the ms after submitting to her because I was addressing those issues in a rewrite (true). I thanked her and asked her to fwd. the report.

Would it be appropriate to thank her assistant for her assessment of my ms? It is going to be a tremendous help with my rewrite. I know the assistant knew of the report being fwd. since she was copied.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Go ahead!

An agent I had an R&R with sent me the reader's report from one of her interns, too. It was extremely interesting to read, and really helpful in revisions.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I had one of these too, yes, very helpful indeed. I guess if you had the direct email from the forward? I can't see why it wouldn't hurt to say a sweet thank you...I wouldn't gush your brains out, just a short thanks. I wouldn't try to spur on more suggestions either.

oakbark

Registered
Reaction score
For sure.
A simple thanks might make her day.

And.. one day she might be an agent ;)