PDA

View Full Version : Revise and resubmit on a partial

folkchick
12-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey dear people, I've gotten some interest from an agent and I'm eager to get it back to her before Christmas swallows the entire world. However, the R&R was given on a partial. Does that mean I send the revised partial or the entire manuscript? The email stated: "Should you significantly revise the manuscript per the notes above, I'd be more than happy to take a second look."

Thanks for the help!

Thedrellum
12-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Well, the easiest thing to do would be to revise just the partial. However, if you revised the partial and she asked for more, it might be annoying to then have to power through revising the rest of the manuscript.

It all depends on what you think about the agent's revision suggestions. Would you do them anyway? Or are you just doing them to get represented? If the former, then revise away. If the latter, are you sure you want this agent?

Lastly, there's the fact that R&Rs aren't a guarantee of anything, so all that revision work might be "wasted" anyway.

folkchick
12-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm revising the entire thing, although it was mostly the first couple of chapters that had me worried. The points she brought up resonated with me. This is a very nice agent that I'd be thrilled to work with, so, all in all it's positive thing.

You're right about it not working. That does worry me quite a bit—that she'll like the revised first chapters, but hate the rest. If she does, at least I have a better manuscript for the next agent.

Thanks for your thoughts on this! I appreciate the questions and wisdom.

Thedrellum
12-05-2013, 09:47 PM
And, though I didn't add it before, congratulations and good luck!

ap123
12-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Congratulations, this is wonderful news, very hopeful! :)

I would send the whole thing.

folkchick
12-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Thank you, Thedrellum and a 123!

Siri Kirpal
12-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats! May it do well!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

folkchick
12-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Thank you, Siri Kirpal!