RIP Paul Walker 1973-2013

Beaviz81

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'm a bit aghast that none of you have opened a post the recently departed Paul Walker who died in a car-crash as you all likely know November the 30th.

Well at least I show some decorum in opening the thread to him and at least somewhat trying to remember him.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
There already is a thread, just in a different room. It was started over in movies.

We try to have just one thread on topics, and movies seemed a good spot for it, so it wasn't moved to this room.

You might check the New Posts link in the upper blue bar, which will let you view all new threads, no matter where they appear. :)

Beaviz81

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Honestly, movies were one of the last spots I would have thought of for such a thread. I mean you have a specialized thread for dead people. Then placing it anywhere else simply didn't cross my mind. But I guess you can delete this thread if you think that's the best.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Eh, it sort of varies. Sometimes people start several threads in different rooms for notable deaths, but most of the time they get merged into a single thread by one or another of the room mods.

I don't think anyone minds you starting a thread in this room. But starting your first post with a kind of scolding is not necessarily the best way to remember someone.

Beaviz81

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
It was not my first post. I was in fact honestly taken aback that no-one had opened a post about his death. Which spilled over to what I wrote.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I was in fact honestly taken aback that no-one had opened a post about his death. Which spilled over to what I wrote.

I had no idea who he was until I read an article about his death, and what I know of him is limited to the content of those articles. He seems like he was a good guy, and his death tragic and way too soon (and in that, hardly unique both in and out of Hollywood) but I don't understand what there is about him that we should all be so aggressively chastised for our failure to place news of his death prominently front and center on a writing board. If you would care to explain your reasoning, I'm all ears.

Beaviz81

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
It's just a dead artist, nothing more and I thought the place might as well have a page for him.

I apologize for coming of harsher than I intended, that certainly was not the intention.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
[QUO
Eh, it sort of varies. Sometimes people start several threads in different rooms for notable deaths, but most of the time they get merged into a single thread by one or another of the room mods.

I don't think anyone minds you starting a thread in this room. But starting your first post with a kind of scolding is not necessarily the best way to remember someone.

It was not my first post. I was in fact honestly taken aback that no-one had opened a post about his death. Which spilled over to what I wrote.
I think Alessandra meant starting out the first post IN THIS THREAD with "a kind of scolding." But your apology in your most recent post is well taken and accepted.

Actually, I was expecting a thread in Politics & Current Events, considering the way he died and all the news coverage about it. Deaths of famous people are sometimes discussed there as well, such as Sylvia Browne. I think the mods were especially busy merging all the new P&CE threads there when Michael Jackson died.