PDA

View Full Version : Beta Readers Needed for YA Dystopian Novel

clarairene
12-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Hello all,
I'm looking for some beta readers for a new novel I'm working on. It's YA, set in a dystopian society. It follows the POV of my protagonist, an 18 year old girl, and her fight against her unjust government.
If you'd like a more detailed synopsis, let me know.

I prefer straightforward critique. Be brutal!
Please let me know if you're willing to be a beta!

-C.I.R.

Maryn
12-04-2013, 02:04 AM
Nice to meet you, clarairene. It sounds to me like you're seeking a critique partnership rather than a beta read.

A beta reader is a person who reads a work the author feels is ready to submit, while a critique partner reads early drafts, including but not limited to the first draft of a work in progress. Both can be enormously helpful when you find one who's in sync, of course.

Best of luck with finding what you need. You may have better luck if you edit your thread's title to reflect that more exactly.

Maryn, wondering if there's any tea or if she should find a sweater

clarairene
12-04-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi Maryn! I honestly wouldn't mind either. I'm only missing a few chapters until I finish my novel. I just wrote that I'd send the first 15 pages originally because I read a thread on here that said that people are more apt to read if it's just bits. But hey, I'm new, so maybe that doesn't apply to beta reading.
Anyways, I edited my post now so that it doesn't cause any confusion. I do want a beta reader!

eyebee14
03-21-2014, 04:36 AM
Can you PM a synopsis please? I might be interested. Thanks!

Kivari
03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Same here, PM me a synopsis and I'll take a look to see if I might be interested!