Cyber Monday Shoppers Check In

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok,

I spent $75 on 6 gifts for a coupla the Godchildren - Plus, I got 5% cash back from Ebates.

*Buffs nails*

*Adjusts toga*

*Flounces out*

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I just snagged myself a Kindle Fire. After gift cards, I'm paying all of $40 for it. :D

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
Not bad!! A little light on the cash this season, but I managed to pick up a relatively cheap iPod for myself (bah humbug!).

I've seen quite a few commercials for Ebates since I moved to Carson City, and my mother's friend mentioned it to me a while ago, is it really that good?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Got 25% off a dress from Desigual and because I bought it within a certain time period I also got a free washbag.

Also managed to get a real head start on the Christmas shopping. Bought six gifts and got some great ideas for the rest.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Kinda disappointing that Cyber Monday deals turned out worse than Black Friday deals. Well, for electronics anyways.

I managed to pick up some cheap 300gb Velociraptor drives. Gonna run them as cache drives to get some mad speed yo~

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I found some hilariously mistranslated product descriptions on Amazon after searching for sea life related toys and getting some Japanese companies.

"Rake fair sound of smth. Floating sea animal (35-70mm) 100 pcs [cashback eligible items] (japan import)"
It is the salvation of doll creatures of the sea. I will float in water. Making it is a little rough, but the place is kind often happy. I think because it is lighter small, it's salvation of small children. It is the staff to the last story (. Number of can save varies depending on the competence of a person scoop and the thickness of the poi

"Real stuffed giant squid size M (japan import)"
Inhabit the deep sea, is a fellow-stuffed squid giant squid of the world's largest. to soften our hearts, it makes me feel gentle expression and the appearance vivid and of
Animal

[representation of the quality of Karorata]. stuffed
Karorata is the representation of an adorable appearance that such animals are showing us. has big eyes that can in invertebrates
world's largest [characteristic of the organism]

, feel weak light in the darkness and live in the deep sea, and behind the seawater sucked from
funnel You swim belching out to. You caught the bait arms stretched touch of two long.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I'm assembling my order at Amazon, and poking at a few other sites. (I keep a running credit at Amazon, thanks to Coinstar and a survey site that pays out in gift certificate codes. Really helps out around the holidays...)

The problem is that nobody will tell me what they want, and I'm reasonably sure I'm guessing wrong.

joe_thomas25

Registered
Reaction score
I'm stupidly unlucky in that I don't get paid until the middle of December, so I'm having to wait til then to do my Christmas shopping! I'm missing so many deals!

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
I wanted to shop, but couldn't find the items I wanted for cheap. I was only buying if it was really cheap though...

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today I purchased 8 lovely clothes hangers for a buck and a quarter, a small box of candles for a dollar, a plastic placemat to go under the cat dishes, also for a dollar, and the best find was a dishwashing brush, for $2.25.

And it all only took about an hour, and most of that was the 20 minute walk to the stores and the 20 minute walk back home.

:D

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure that counts as "Cyber" Kyla... Did you at least speak in binary when in the store?

I always speak binary! Either a word is being uttered, or it ain't. That's pretty darn binary.

And you may be sure that all the items I purchased were manufactured using cyber systems at some point in the production stream.

Plus which, cash register. No more analog there!

It's everywhere, this cyberness. No escape.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Placed my orders. That's four people checked off, and two to go.

(It helps having a small list...)

Overall, though, I can't say I see great Cyber Monday deals like I'd expected. Only one item was on special.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I fink I inadvertantly made a Cyber Monday purchase after all. My flashlight died, it's a kind I originally ordered on Amazon, so after carefully checking my remaining bank balance, I hied me to Amazon to shop.

I found one flashlight that was NOT the one I'd had but another and apparently had been reduced from 35 dollars to 3.99.

I buyed it right away. And then had enough left over to buy the kind I have used before. When I went to place that order, however, the website jumped to a different item (pricier one) and I had to cancel and go back and try again.

This time, I was prepared for the jump, and when it happened I scrolled down and very deliberately selected the 2 dollar item (instead of the 12 dollar item at the top of the page.)

It's all good.