Confused about why my book is on a website I did not authorize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

android415

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to the self publishing game.

I self published on Smashwords and on Amazon Kindle.

My book is free (or intended to be), but I can't set it to free on Amazon Kindle, so it's at 2.99, which is awkward (I'm not part of the select program.

Anyway, I discovered today that my book is on a website called "Ebook6.com". It is priced at $1.90. Anyone ever heard of this site?

I know Smashwords has a lot of affiliates, but I don't think this is one of them.

So, can anyone tell me....1.) is this an affiliate? 2.) what should I do? I want my book to be free first and foremost, but secondly, I certainly don't want it to cost money that I am not getting.

Help?

Alice Xavier

some goon from the internet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alicexavier.com
Contact SW support and ask about if it's related to any of their affiliates (doesn't look like it by the tacky domain and weird price). If so, make sure SW gets it taken down (which could take forever knowing SW), if not, send a DMCA takedown notice to the site and hope they comply.

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to the self publishing game.

I self published on Smashwords and on Amazon Kindle.

My book is free (or intended to be), but I can't set it to free on Amazon Kindle, so it's at 2.99, which is awkward (I'm not part of the select program.

You could try price matching to get Amazon to make your title free.

android415

Registered
Reaction score
^Is that where I just notify them of a cheaper price elsewhere?

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
^Is that where I just notify them of a cheaper price elsewhere?

Yeah. It doesn't mean they will honor the request but the more it's clicked the more likely they will mark it down.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
This looks like a China-based pirate site to me. I do not think The Cuckoo's Calling is likely to be offered on any legit retailer as a free book, and I don't think legit ebook retailers fulfil orders via email.

stranger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, I discovered today that my book is on a website called "Ebook6.com". It is priced at $1.90. Anyone ever heard of this site?

They are a pirate site that steals books and tries to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.