Chronic Catatonia

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
Doing research on catatonia for a character- still can't find complete answers to my questions. such as how long can a person’s episode of catatonia last? Is it possible to be catatonic for 20 years? I saw that it has lasted up to 6 months for some.

This character would have a catatonia of the schizophrenic type most likely.

Is it possible to have a baby while catatonic without coming out of the catatonic stupor?

Will memories of what took place during the period of catatonia be accessible to the person when they come out of it?

Is it possible to be thrown into a catatonic state from a traumatic rape, particularly if your family has a history of schizoid behaviors, or outright schizophrenia?

Can the catatonic stupor alternate with the catatonic mania they also describe for 20 years? So that the character is basically unable to tell what happened to her during the rape, who did it etc? I need something that puts her out of normal communication for just about the entire time.

Any advice or help or if you can point me to where I may find these answers, I’d be grateful! debra