PDA

View Full Version : Progress so far...

benluby
11-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, my beta readers on my project are thrilled, even though they know they are lab rats. Yeah, they are even getting the rough drafts (something I've never done before) and it is working well for me in that aspect.
Was talking to one this morning that called me, and he had a question. When was I going to fix the error in the prologue, as there is no way that the 'good guy' would be so cold blooded.
That made me feel good, as when I told him that wasn't an error, he stated that it really made him reassess his opinion of the 'hero', and made the story even more interesting, just from the prologue.
The feedback from all seven has, so far, been very good, with good advice and recommendations, and the story has now advanced past the fifty thousand word mark, and is gaining an average of 1,000 words a day.
At my current rate, I may be completely done in the next fifty days, and ready, after the edit, to determine whether I want to go the self pub route or submit it to a publishing house, since it's not a stand alone, but rather, the first book in a series I've been cooking up for a while now.
My writing guru directed me to rewrite the entire prologue, and that worked out very well, as I followed her guidance and the entire tone changed to the point that the character in the prologue, who was supposed to be a 'one and done' intro only to the main character, is going to wind up being a regular character in the book, after about half way through it.
Yes, it's a zombie book, but I'm trying to make it a merger of Tom Clancy and Stephen King in one book, which is quite the challenge.
But man...it is SOOOOO fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Siri Kirpal
11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"-- a Sikh greeting)

Good work!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Phaeal
11-26-2013, 06:14 PM
CGs on the progress, and full steam ahead!