Internal bleeding caused by car accident

valerielynn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.booksie.com
I will be doing a car accident scene in an upcoming chapter. I'm considering the idea of internal bleeding for one of my characters but he survives. From everything that I've read, it seems like someone could survive internal bleeding if it's caught on time? Is that correct? How long does it take to recover from internal bleeding? What are some common signs and symptoms of internal bleeding?

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on how much he's bleeding and how long until help arrives.

Recovery depends on what was bleeding and what was done to stop it. Surgery? Spleen removed?

Symptoms will vary depending on what's causing the bleeding.

This is such a broad topic that it's probably better to say what you want with your plot and then the injury can be tailored to match that.

So where and when? USA? 1950s? Rural Macedonia?

What kind of medical care is available and how soon do you want him to get to it?

How long to you want it to take to recover?

valerielynn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.booksie.com
It's actually set in current day USA. I need my character to be injured enough to the point that he will need to be hospitalized for maybe 1 to 2 days but it will need to be possible for him to be recovered in 2 weeks because he will need to be well and fit enough to rescue someone from an explosion.