PDA

View Full Version : CreateSpace expanded distribution problems?

Celeste Carrara
11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
For those who signed up recently for CreateSpace's free expanded distribution, are you having any issues?

I ask because since I signed up my book, Give Me Forever, it is showing up with another authors name on it. So far it's like this at Goodreads, and Barnes and Noble. Obviously this is for the paperback edition, the ebook edition is fine. I noticed this yesterday at first on Goodreads and they helped me fix it there and I was told it wasn't the other author that did it, it was a code problem when CreateSpace sent over the book info. Today, I did a search at B&N and sure enough, it's showing up there with this other author (Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg) as the author of my book, before my name. After more searching, I noticed her name on a bunch of other titles she did not write. I contacted CreateSpace just now, but I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else. Also, can anyone tell me where else CreateSpace sends the paperback info to so I can check out if this authors name is on my book on other channels as well? Thanks!

Celeste Carrara
11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
I just saw my book on books a million & the other authors name is there too :( Her name appears on hundreds of books she didn't write. Even an addition of Jane Eyre!

merrihiatt
11-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Never experienced that. CS will correct it.

Spell-it-out
11-22-2013, 04:07 PM
...pity 'J.K. Rowling' didn't slip onto it :)

But seriously, I've never heard of that happening. Like Merri said, CS will sort it.

Celeste Carrara
11-22-2013, 07:45 PM
...pity 'J.K. Rowling' didn't slip onto it :)

But seriously, I've never heard of that happening. Like Merri said, CS will sort it.

:roll:

Still haven't heard from CS and her name is still on my book as well as many others. Great PR for her! I just really hate seeing someone elses name on my my book.

WriterBN
11-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a problem with their ISBN records. Is it showing up correctly on Amazon?

Celeste Carrara
11-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Yes on Amazon it is correct, on Createspace it is correct. It's just the expanded retailers like B&N, Books A Million, Goodreads (Goodreads corrected it for me quickly) and whatever other retailers they give the book to.

K.B. Parker
11-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Does Createspace have a phone number you could call?

merrihiatt
11-23-2013, 05:30 AM
Does Createspace have a phone number you could call?

I just checked the site and didn't see one. They have a help feature, but I believe it works via email.

Celeste Carrara
11-23-2013, 05:37 PM
They emailed my this morning & said there is nothing wrong. They don't see what I'm talking about! They said they checked B&N. How much do you wanna bet they looked at the Nook version & not the printed one? lol I just checked and that other authors name is still there. I sent them another email with the link. For anyone interested in seeing what I'm talking about, you can see it here:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Give-Me-Forever/Catharina-Ingelman-Sundberg/e/9781489507853/?itm=1&USRI=give+me+forever

Ann Joyce
11-23-2013, 09:43 PM
What a stinky mess, Celeste. I'm sure you will get it straightened out, but who needs the hassle. I looked at the link you provided and not only is Catharina I-S listed as co-author, but your editor looks like a third author as well. I was trying to figure out how that name wound up there. Here's hoping you get it squared away quickly.

Ralyks
11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
I recently signed up for free expanded distribution for my penname/self-pub titles. The only problem I'm experiencing is that the books have not shown up anywhere. Period. But I think it takes awhile. I'll give it a few more days. Weird mess, that, with the different names!

merrihiatt
11-24-2013, 08:35 PM
I recently signed up for free expanded distribution for my penname/self-pub titles. The only problem I'm experiencing is that the books have not shown up anywhere. Period. But I think it takes awhile. I'll give it a few more days. Weird mess, that, with the different names!

It will take weeks, not days. Just FYI. Give it 4-6 weeks.

Ralyks
11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
It will take weeks, not days. Just FYI. Give it 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm used to having my publisher handle this stuff, but decided to self-pub a few titles under a penname recently.

Laer Carroll
11-25-2013, 04:48 AM
That "co-author" name shows up as co-author of 368 other books!

Old Hack
11-25-2013, 11:55 AM
She's a busy woman.

She even wrote Jane Eyre. (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/jane-eyre-catharina-ingelman-sundberg/1117450042?ean=9781482342802)

This is extraordinary.

Celeste Carrara
11-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Heard back from them this morning. They apologized, said they will do some research and I should hear back from them in 1-2 business days. I found it funny in the email they never acknowledge the exact problem or that it is with all the expanded distribution sites (this time they only said B&N becaus eI provided that link in my previous email), or that it was an issue with this author and many other books. It just seems so generic, "sorry you are having a problem with Give Me Forever on B&N." So far I'm not to happy with how they are handling this.

RLMcKeown
11-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Wow! That's ridiculous. I hope they fix it soon, Celeste.

Laer Carroll
11-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Heard back from them this morning. ... [The response] just seems so generic, ... So far I'm not to happy with how they are handling this.

Celeste, the generic first response is what you will get from whatever site you complain to. Amazon is also like that. But what results you get will be what’s important. Let us know.

You have a smaller problem on Amazon. Your book entries list a co-editor on each. But they show up only on your books, not 368 like the B&N site.

Incidentally, your web site is totally professional. Beautiful, elegantly simple, important info easy to find. Congrats!

Celeste Carrara
11-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Celeste, the generic first response is what you will get from whatever site you complain to. Amazon is also like that. But what results you get will be what’s important. Let us know.
the first response was generic stating they received my email. I expected that. I'm talking about the response I received afterwards that felt generic meaning they didn't address the problem specifically. Made me question if they even bothered to investigate it before saying they didn't see a problem. And I'm contacting Createspace directly.

You have a smaller problem on Amazon. Your book entries list a co-editor on each. But they show up only on your books, not 368 like the B&N site.
there is an editor for all my books. Not a co editor just one editor, Lindsay Murdock. That info is correct and should be there on all my books on all sites. My issue is just the co author that is showing up on the print edition on B&N @ Books A Million & whatever other sites Creatspace sends the books to through expanded distribution.

Incidentally, your web site is totally professional. Beautiful, elegantly simple, important info easy to find. Congrats!

wow! Thank you so much!! That makes me feel great!! I appreciate the compliment :)

Celeste Carrara
11-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Heard back from them & they said they fixed the issue but it could take up to 6-8 weeks before it shows up on the sites correctly.