sold out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
my boyfriend and i were vendors at a horror movie convention run by some friends of ours over the weekend. we actually sold out of all of the books we brought: 10 copies of each of our 3 horror themed children's books, and 10 copies of my novel at its convention debut.
every so often we would go to put more books on the table and realize "wow, we've only got 3 left total" and then, boom, we're out. we just kept looking at each other like "holy shit, we actually sold out. we actually sold out of our books."
the woman who does the volunteer coordinating for the convention told us that it's harder to sell books at a these events than to sell indie films. that really put it in perspective for us: we did better at a horror movie festival than, typically, horror movie vendors do.
several of the sales were to friends who had promised ahead of time they would buy copies but i think that only counted for like 7 of the total 40.
still can't believe it. wow.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Wow! That's outstanding!

I think the most we've ever sold is a total of 23--11 of one book and 12 of the other. And that's with advance publicity.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
seriously haha we didn't think we would sell half of what we brought and then - all gone!

thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.