Got my first revise-and-resubmit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ Hall

For I am a Rain Dog too
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's not really an amazing milestone, but then I almost posted here when I got my first official form rejection, just because it made me feel so legit. :)

But yes, after 20 queries sent, 8 form rejections and one request for full, I got a revise-and-resend request. And a great one, most of the changes are small and were in line with my own thinking, things that I wasn't quite sold on myself but thought might have just been nerves talking.

So tomorrow I get to work. :D

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's an awesome milestone, congrats!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
To get that far after only twenty queries is an accomplishment. Good luck with the resubmit!

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
I think that qualifies as a milestone worth celebrating. Congrats! And even if the agent ends up rejecting you, getting so close is a good sign, and more requests are likely to follow.

mjHangge

Registered
Reaction score
Don't sell yourself short, that is definitely worth celebrating! Hell, it took me 86 rejections to get my first request for full and I was still happy about it, so you should do a dance and high-five yourself.

TechD

Rain is my favorite weather.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! It is all about point of view. I think it is an amazing milestone, they care about something that you have created.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
That's so fantastic. Congratulations and best of luck with the revision!

(ETA: And do not say that's not an amazing milestone, because it totally is. Someone read your book and liked it. Liked it so much they want to read it again.)

Last edited:

Cwright

Mmm... Mexican Food
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome job! That's great to hear. Pretty incredible that it only took 20 queries. That's certainly something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.