PDA

View Full Version : What's your guilty pleasure?

GypsyKing
11-16-2013, 04:01 AM
List them here.

Eggnog
Getting in debates with deeply religious people
Miley Cyrus
Mac and cheese (the best part of immigrating to the United States!)
Agatha Christie novels
My Disney station on Pandora
The Joffrey Ballet
Smoked cheese
Strongbow cider
Oprah's Favourite Things

Lavern08
11-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream :D

Kylabelle
11-17-2013, 04:21 AM
At the moment, Hershey's Kisses.

Little Anonymous Me
11-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Hell yeah! Another Disney Station lover. :D

Pillsbury (aka bread from a can). Soooo. Gooood.
Ke$ha (my ego still squirms over this)
Mac n Cheese with BBQ sauce (this will rock your world)
Mindlessly eating M&Ms for hours
AW. Seriously. I need to get off and do stuff. Like that's happening. :D

ap123
11-17-2013, 04:26 AM
The Real Housewives--all of them
Cheetos

ummm, pretty sure all of my pleasures are guilty ones.

MsDashwood
11-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Romantic comedies.
Ice cream.
A fan forum

--- Why is Agatha Christie novels a guilty pleasure???

:D

shakeysix
11-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Chicago style hot dog with a vanilla malt. No french fries though. Gotta draw the line somewhere--s6

Ken
11-17-2013, 04:58 AM
... katy perry's new video, "Roar."
Watched it twice. Peppy, enjoyable tune.

sheadakota
11-17-2013, 05:45 AM
Swedish fish
Donuts
Maple whiskey over ice
What not to wear and say yes to the dress- don't judge me.

Corey LeMoine
11-17-2013, 05:49 AM
I try very hard not to feel guilty for any of the things that I like. I am more or less successful. There is one thing I love that causes everyone I know to feel guilty for me.

The Spice Girls

milkweed
11-17-2013, 05:52 AM
thread, fabric, paper, buttons, paint, and shiney objects
roasted red pepper hummus with gobs of garlic and fresh veggies
garlic burgers
meatloaf with mashed potatoes (ultimate comfort food)
homemade mac and cheese with extra sharp cheddar, fontina, and blue cheese
whiskey with lemonade
fresh squeezed limeade
Root beer that has been chilled in the freezer and if it's available over vanilla ice cream.
any good science fiction/fantasy novel

Little Anonymous Me
11-17-2013, 06:32 AM
say yes to the dress.

Atlanta or NYC??? Or should I say Monte v Randy? :tongue

ZachJPayne
11-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Glee
Twilight
Ke$ha
Soda/Pop/whatever y'all call it (I've gotta axe this one soon).
Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" (the Lyrics are kind of inappropriate, but the song is peppy and poppy, and if you use the cleaned up lyrics from Boyce Avenue's cover, it's actually kind of a cute song. Though I just did an arrangement of it in Finale, and it's a bleep.)
Mini Reeses Cups

jjdebenedictis
11-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Gossip websites and cheese.

bettielee
11-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm lovin' the Ke$ha love- count me amongst those who rather shamefully blast her jams - I have been known to wiggle and headbob in my chair whilst listening

Rereading old favorites - like Watership Down, the Dark Tower series, To Kill a Mockingbird

I'm the same with movies. Comfy old movies that are like slippers - usually bonnet dramas/literary adaptations

going on Tumblr.

Robbert
11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream :D

...ditto, although I don't have a problem with the calories :D. The reason I have Häagen-Dazs on my 'guilty pleasure' list is because it's bloody expensive.

Nadja V.
11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
We're talking guilty pleasures, right? Because I don't feel too bad about eating chocolate or mac & cheese...

An occasional shot of Irish Whiskey...before dinner.
My file of 100+ Paul Newman photos
Watching firefighter helmetcam videos (I've a character in my WIP who's a firefighter, and I'm now addicted to these) late into the night.
Admiring nice builds (sigh...)
Dancing to the Russian band Leningrad--I can't understand the lyrics, but they sound dirty. Russian always sounds dirty to me...

Once!
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Star Trek Voyager - I always wanted to be Janeway getting her family I mean 'crew' home.
New York-style cheesecake
The Carry On films
A full English breakfast
Luxuriating in a trashy novel
Inappropriate acceleration in a motor vehicle
Crying to It's a Wonderful Life
A lifelong crush for the lead singer of the Bangles.

Persei
11-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Spending loads of money in clothes and acessories (as demonstrated by my avie)
Lady Gaga
Sappy romantic anime/manga

Chris P
11-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Dumb and Dumber
Beavis and Butthead
ABBA
Neil Diamond
Barry Manilow
Terrific Tuesday Two Pizzas for the Price of One and eating them BOTH!!! No, I'm not sorry.

ap123
11-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Barry Manilow
No, I'm not sorry.

Yes!!!!!!! and Bette Midler, too :tongue

Chris P
11-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes!!!!!!! and Bette Midler, too :tongue

Bette Midler is on my list of top five people I'd like to have coffee with for an afternoon. She seems like she would be tons of fun.

Nadja V.
11-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Dumb and Dumber
Beavis and Butthead
ABBA
Neil Diamond
Barry Manilow
Terrific Tuesday Two Pizzas for the Price of One and eating them BOTH!!! No, I'm not sorry.

Dumb and Dumber: I haven't thought about that film in years...the freezing motorcycle ride nearly kills me...

London89
11-17-2013, 06:06 PM
I try very hard not to feel guilty for any of the things that I like. I am more or less successful. There is one thing I love that causes everyone I know to feel guilty for me.

The Spice Girls

*Gasp* The Spice Girls are not a guilty pleasure -- they're AWESOME!! #90'skid

London89
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Reality TV and junk food -- at the same time! ;)

GypsyKing
11-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Oh, put me down as a guilty Ke$ha lover too.

Also, Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've watched the entire programme four times.

sheadakota
11-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Atlanta or NYC??? Or should I say Monte v Randy? :tongue

Randy all the way, I could slap some of those southern brides LOL

sheadakota
11-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Dumb and Dumber
Beavis and Butthead
ABBA
Neil Diamond
Barry Manilow

Bill and Ted is nothing to feel guilty about. So Crates Dude!

jjdebenedictis
11-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Bette Midler is on my list of top five people I'd like to have coffee with for an afternoon. She seems like she would be tons of fun.I just rolled out of bed and am completely de-caffeinated, so that's my excuse, but I first read that as "Bette Midler is on my list of top five people I'd like to be in a coffin with for an afternoon."

And I thought, "Well...if everyone's alive and non-claustrophobic, I guess that could be fun..."

Judy Koot
11-17-2013, 10:00 PM
- Romantic comedies
- Some romantic Hallmark movies (there's always an orphan, someone with a bad childhood, a widow or widower... It's so cliche, but I still fall for it...)
- And a new one: New Adult literature...

Vito
11-17-2013, 10:44 PM
drinking inexpensive beer: Old Milwaukee, Busch, Hamms, etc.
french fries
clothes shopping :o
Jennifer Aniston (Sorry -- can't take my eyes off her.)
frozen pizza
reading Robert B. Parker's mystery novels
watching old cartoons, especially Looney Toons and the Hanna-Barbera productions

Lisagh
11-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Jerry O'Connell and grumpy Cat. ;)

Lisagh
11-18-2013, 12:16 AM
That is my husband's guilty pleasure too. The cheaper the beer, the more pleasure he gets, LOL.

Ken
11-18-2013, 12:21 AM
... "cheap beer."

From meh teen years can't recall there being any pleasure in that,
except that it was (((cheap))). As to the taste:

:scared:

milkweed
11-18-2013, 12:35 AM
We're talking guilty pleasures, right? Because I don't feel too bad about eating chocolate or mac & cheese...

it's a guilty pleasure if you are prone to eating the entire batch of mac and cheese by yourself, and it serves eight! Ditto this on an entire meatloaf and pot of mashed potatoes.

Lavern08
11-18-2013, 02:39 AM
... Ditto this on an entire meatloaf and pot of mashed potatoes.

Well, yeah! ;)

Stlight
11-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Mac & cheese serves 8????? Who knew?

Shadow_Ferret
11-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I don't have any guilty pleasures. I guess I don't understand the concept. If something gives me pleasure why should I feel guilty?

Caitlin Black
11-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Perhaps addiction could qualify as a generic guilty pleasure? Like, regardless of what you're addicted to, you might want to stop consuming it but not be able to stop. It's still pleasurable, so it satisfies that part of the equation, but you feel guilty because you know it's bad for you or simply bad in those quantities.

No?

cray
11-20-2013, 12:41 AM
blood pressure machines.

Vito
11-20-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't have any guilty pleasures. I guess I don't understand the concept. If something gives me pleasure why should I feel guilty?

Whatever you say, Dr. Ruth! :poke:

Little Anonymous Me
11-20-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm also an HGTV/Food Network junkie. It really doesn't matter what it is; so long as it's on either channel, I will watch it.

This is probably why me no longer having cable is a good, mature adult choice. That totally sucks.

Randy all the way, I could slap some of those southern brides LOL

I love Monte's sass (being a Southern PIA myself ;)), but...the original is the best! Team Randy! :fistpump

There are maybe three people IRL who know about my secret obsession. This show=my Friday nights (when I haz cable). :D

quickWit
11-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Mrs Cray

Cella
11-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Texts From Last Night (http://www.textsfromlastnight.com) (possibly NSFW)

Vito
11-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Mrs Cray

:ROFL:

Susie
11-20-2013, 04:14 AM
I'm not quite sure, but it might be :Cake:s :Cake:s :Cake:s :D

Caitlin Black
11-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Speaking of food network TV shows...

Lately I've been watching Nigellissima while cooking/eating dinner. It's Nigella Lawson making Italian food. NOM!

I quite enjoy cooking shows, actually. I'm planning on trying to buy some on DVD, if they make them. I went looking for some last week, and there were about 3 DVDs to choose from... Not very satisfying choice.

(I'd never actually seen Nigella Lawson until recently, and damn, she's gorgeous! *ahem* And the food looks generally delicious too. And and and, she uses lots of chilli, garlic and onion! *marries Nigella* :tongue)

thebird
11-20-2013, 05:19 AM
Chocolate chip cookie dough made with Hershey's mini-kisses (every night for the past week...yeah, definitely feeling guilty about that one!)

The Bachelor/Bachelorette

Belle_91
11-20-2013, 06:24 AM
-Listening to movie/broadway/Disney soundtracks pretty much all the time
-I'm 22 but I like Niall Horan from One Direction (however I have NOT listened to one of their songs in awhile).
-I watch said Niall Horan interviews and I follow him on twitter
-I watch the Patriot every time it comes on. It's so historically inaccurate, but I can't stop watching it even though I've seen it a hundred times. It's like watching a train wreck wearing a tricone hat.

Sweetleaf
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM
YouTube rap battles.
Soul Khan has the biggest kahunas on earth.

It's modern blank verse, IMO. Positively Shakespearean and hugely underated...

Sweetleaf
11-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Oh, and boxing. It's about the only sport I really enjoy watching.

J.S.F.
11-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Guilty pleasures?

None, really. As someone said before, if you do something and it makes you happy--and as long as it ain't against the law--why should you feel guilty for doing it? Things, like, I dunno, covering yourself in ketchup and screaming "I'm a French Fry!" or oiling yourself up and sliding up and down your hallway or going into a crowded theater with a T-Shirt that says "I'm with Stupid" and an arrow pointing in the direction of the person you wish to humiliate and of course you stand next to a biker, a priest, or an elderly person.

Didja get all that?

As for me, in no particular order:

--eating pizza and drinking Coke...for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
--watching the old Filmation cartoons (like I used to do when I was six) and telling yourself that they suck...but you watch them anyway
--watching Justice League and pretending you're the superhero (okay, this is a little juvenile)
--listening to Ke$ha and Shoujo Jidai and not caring what my wife thinks (she usually leaves the room when this happens)

:tongue

GardeningMomma
11-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Gross jokes
Court tv
Mississippi Mud Pie (It's the only sweet I feel guilty about because it's got two whole sticks of butter in the icing alone. And I only have it at Christmas. I wish November would hurry up already.)

GardeningMomma
11-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Oh, and I really like watching Good Luck Charlie on the Disney Channel. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Sweetleaf
11-21-2013, 03:23 AM
There's nothing wrong with you, GardeningMomma.
I watch The Regular Show on Cartoon Network. :)

Kylabelle
11-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Mississippi Mud Pie (It's the only sweet I feel guilty about because it's got two whole sticks of butter in the icing alone.

*wants the recipe*

Anything with two sticks of butter in it can't be all bad.

Pie with icing you say?

GypsyKing
11-25-2013, 08:00 PM
-Listening to movie/broadway/Disney soundtracks pretty much all the time
-I'm 22 but I like Niall Horan from One Direction (however I have NOT listened to one of their songs in awhile).
-I watch said Niall Horan interviews and I follow him on twitter
-I watch the Patriot every time it comes on. It's so historically inaccurate, but I can't stop watching it even though I've seen it a hundred times. It's like watching a train wreck wearing a tricone hat.

Wait...wait...wait...

You mean that isn't how America happened? Mel Gibson didn't charge the lines with slowly fluttering banners around him as battlefield filth attractively streaked his rugged and chiseled features?

All my childhood illusions. Dashed.

milkweed
11-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Mac & cheese serves 8????? Who knew?

Yeppers most home madebatches of mac and cheese serve six to eight average sized humans... according to the cookbooks. And that is unless of course you live in my world where the sauce contains extra sharp cheddar, a sprinkling of blue cheese, and whole lot of fontina, and then it serves only ONE human, me! :evil

Stlight
11-26-2013, 02:27 AM
^^
faints at the wonderfullness of the receipt.

vagough
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Neuhaus chocolates (swoon….)
Watching favorite old movies at Christmas (It's a Wonderful Life, George C. Scott's Christmas Carol, Christmas Vacation, the list goes on….)
Sitting with my feet up and a glass of wine near at hand in front of the fireplace, reading detective novels (winter only, obviously!)
Leonidas chocolates (swoon, but not quite as much)
Tiramisu
Bluegrass pie (with chocolate chips & Kentucky bourbon)
Rainwater Madeira
Pedicures

That's not all, but it's a start! :)

Putputt
11-26-2013, 04:19 PM
-Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch cereal. Probably made out of sawdust, sugar, and a peanut or two, but oh my gah I can't stop eating them.
-Ghirardelli's peppermint bark chocolate squares. Also their pumpkin spice caramel squares.
-This cheap German white chocolate with "strawberry" bits in it.
-Following Suri's Burn Book (http://surisburnbook.tumblr.com/) and laughing things like these (http://surisburnbook.tumblr.com/post/67664063045/this-is-an-official-portrait-of-the-danish-royal).
-Bitching with fellow AWers.
-Threatening to sit and/or eat fellow AWers.
-Listening to that rapey Robin Thicke song secretly. The lyrics make me cringe, but I can't stop humming that damn tune. :(

Alpha Echo
11-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Guilty pleasure? I don't think I have too many, really.

I enjoyed watching Devious Maids on Lifetime, and I also like Betrayal, even though the main female character doesn't maintain her American accent well at all. Her British accent comes through with almost every sentence and annoys the hell out of me.

Perky Turkey Jerky. I love that stuff and will eat several bags of it at once. At only 100 calories per bag, what's not to love?

Extra Mint Chocolate Chip gum. I chew it like there's no tomorrow.

Undercover
11-26-2013, 05:34 PM
I have a long list, but I'll only name a few

Monster Energy Drinks (just the green one) (and soda pop, I'm with you Zach) I had a tall glass of coke I forgot about sitting on the patio table once when it was bee season. I went out to do something and came back and the glass was nearly empty with bees flying around it. So I had a new respect for bees then.

The ID Network, Lt. Joe Kenda, Deadly Women, Deadly Affairs, Deadly Twins...anything Deadly. Surviving Evil, Evil, I, Evil Kin...anything evil in it...so basically anything on the ID Network.

Anything chocolate, I'll try it.

My cat, I can't get enough of him. I'm always touching him when I pass him sleeping on the bed, kissing, squeezing, petting, massaging, rocking, cradle, cuddle, talk to him (mainly in his language) We sit outside a lot. I used to walk him around the yard (when we had a yard) I miss that. And we play string on and off all day. every. single. day. I'll ask him when he comes up to me, I'll say, "Where's your string, Stormy?" And his ears will perk up and he'll tilt his head, then start looking for it. He retrieves it too sometimes. Other times he just looks at me like, "shut up."

which i'm gonna do now.

but yeah, that's a few of them.

Vito
11-26-2013, 08:52 PM
One of my recurring Guilty Pleasures is pretending that I'm married to Natalie Morales of NBC's "Today" show. It's been going on for quite a few years, so there's no danger that it'll turn out to be one of those short-lived showbiz marriages. I guess you can say that Natalie and I are a match made in heaven, or somewhere just like heaven.

Still, we sometimes have our differences. Yesterday we argued about the portrait for our customized Christmas cards: Natalie insists that we wear matching green turtleneck sweater/red pants get-ups for the upcoming photo shoot, and I say "No effin' way!" (Actually, only Natalie calls it an "outfit" -- I'm sticking to my guns and calling it a "get-up", no matter what she says).

Then there's this whole thing about Natalie complaining that I'm a "bad influence" on Matt and Al. But that's another story...

Alpha Echo
11-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Haha, Vito. Fantastic.

Okay. I have another one - when singing a song I love, whether in my car or in the shower or even at work (though I sing much softer), I like to pretend I am that famous person singing and sexy.

My husband fed my guilty pleasure inadvertently by telling me that Katy Perry could be my look-alike. I don't agree, but...oh, yeah. Hear me roar!

Vito
11-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Haha, Vito. Fantastic.

Okay. I have another one - when singing a song I love, whether in my car or in the shower or even at work (though I sing much softer), I like to pretend I am that famous person singing and sexy.

My husband fed my guilty pleasure inadvertently by telling me that Katy Perry could be my look-alike. I don't agree, but...oh, yeah. Hear me roar!

Good call, Katy Alpha! Singing in the shower is a lost art. I talked about it in one of my old threads, titled "Product Review: Alberto V05 Hair Conditioner". In my posts on that thread, I explain how the V05 bottle is a perfect air-microphone for shower singers. Here's the link:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216581&highlight=conditioner

P.S. Vito's Holiday Shopping Tip of the Day: Buy your husband a soap-on-a-rope for a Christmas gift. It's perfect for when you want to spin the microphone around and around, just like Roger Daltrey!

:Thumbs:

Alpha Echo
11-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Good call, Katy Alpha! Singing in the shower is a lost art. I talked about it in one of my old threads, titled "Product Review: Alberto V05 Hair Conditioner". In my posts on that thread, I explain how the V05 bottle is a perfect air-microphone for shower singers. Here's the link:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216581&highlight=conditioner

P.S. Vito's Holiday Shopping Tip of the Day: Buy your husband a soap-on-a-rope for a Christmas gift. It's perfect for when you want to spin the microphone around and around, just like Roger Daltrey!

:Thumbs:

That is a fantastic idea! Especially since you mentioned Roger Daltrey. Do you know my husband or something? He's obsessed with The Who!

Lurosa
11-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Double-dark chocolate and mayo

Vito
11-26-2013, 11:31 PM
That is a fantastic idea! Especially since you mentioned Roger Daltrey. Do you know my husband or something? He's obsessed with The Who!

No, I didn't know that he likes The Who. I just assumed that everyone secretly wants to spin the microphone like Roger Daltrey! I mean, who doesn't? :Shrug:

bettielee
11-26-2013, 11:55 PM
today I can shamefully say....

internet shopping

I'm doing a lot of it.

Alpha Echo
11-26-2013, 11:58 PM
No, I didn't know that he likes The Who. I just assumed that everyone secretly wants to spin the microphone like Roger Daltrey! I mean, who doesn't? :Shrug:

Good point. :)

today I can shamefully say....

internet shopping

I'm doing a lot of it.

That's not shameful! That's the only way I shop! Except for grocery shopping...

is friday
11-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Once I week when I'm not away I'll have pizza or Thai food.

I would also say craft beer but I don't feel guilty about that.

vagough
11-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Once I week when I'm not away I'll have pizza or Thai food.

I would also say craft beer but I don't feel guilty about that.

You should never feel guilty about craft beer. It's a necessity of life.

Anninyn
11-27-2013, 04:13 PM

I'm kind of addicted to online drama, as long as it is an issue that happened a while ago and has little to do with communities I'm in.

I spend a LOT of time on FandomWank and similar places.

Alpha Echo
11-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what, but I always feel a need to google the actors I'm watching on TVs or in movies to find out their real age. I feel much better on the occasions where the actors are still older than me.

Putputt
11-27-2013, 04:45 PM
One of my recurring Guilty Pleasures is pretending that I'm married to Natalie Morales of NBC's "Today" show. It's been going on for quite a few years, so there's no danger that it'll turn out to be one of those short-lived showbiz marriages. I guess you can say that Natalie and I are a match made in heaven, or somewhere just like heaven.

Still, we sometimes have our differences. Yesterday we argued about the portrait for our customized Christmas cards: Natalie insists that we wear matching green turtleneck sweater/red pants get-ups for the upcoming photo shoot, and I say "No effin' way!" (Actually, only Natalie calls it an "outfit" -- I'm sticking to my guns and calling it a "get-up", no matter what she says).

Then there's this whole thing about Natalie complaining that I'm a "bad influence" on Matt and Al. But that's another story...

Lol! I like to pretend I'm married to Stephen Colbert. Our marriage consists of him telling jokes and being witty and me rolling my eyes at him and then pinching his butt when he walks past.

fdesrochers
11-27-2013, 05:10 PM
My guilty pleasures are nearly all food related:

- Self-proclaimed chocolate addict. If you give me one, I **will** finish a two pound bunny in one sitting.

- Martinis. I have a personal recipe with roughly 6 shots of liquor, no juice. I like to convince myself it's calorie-free because there's no juice. Right.......

- Youtube. I keep clicking those damned "related" videos on the scrollbar to the right. I can sit there for over an hour watching 3-5 minute clips of some truly bizarre human behaviour. I keep telling myself some of this is legitimate character research.

- Single Malt Scotch. Okay, so, truly, I am not an alcoholic, yet this can just be a dream in a glass. Watch the NFL or EPL sipping a double-shot, maybe a spoonful of water depending on the brand. My wife doesn't get it.

vagough
11-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what, but I always feel a need to google the actors I'm watching on TVs or in movies to find out their real age. I feel much better on the occasions where the actors are still older than me.

I do that, too, Alpha!

One more guilty pleasure is having Bellinis on occasion on a weekend morning. Mmmm…..

Lavern08
01-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Sister Wives :e2paperba

shakeysix
01-21-2014, 10:36 PM
These winter afternoons my guilty pleasure is vanilla creme sandwich cookies and a cup of Constant Comment tea. Mother's Taffy Cremes or English Teas will do in a pinch but it's Vienna Fingers that bring out the Cookie Monster in me. Aurrrgh! Mffffph. Mfffph. (Cookie crumbs flying.) --s6

Margo_U
01-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Of late, mocha iced coffee with just a bit too much chocolate.

Inky
01-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Cray
Loki
Not necessarily in that order.
Cheesecake. No pretty little plate. No polite slices. Cheesecake and a fork. And hot tea. Feeds the muse like nothin' else!!!!

V.J. Allison
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Cooking shows.
Hot chocolate with whipped cream.
North of 60 (TV show).

Lorcroftlegacy
01-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Relic Hunter (TV show from the late nineties)

MoxieMoth
01-22-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't know if I can count Sailor Moon as a guilty pleasure so much as a full blown obsession, but that show is definitely up there.

And Wife Swap. And defending the Kardashians.

Alpha Echo
01-22-2014, 09:50 PM
I've got a new one of late - Army Wives.

I watched it while it was on Lifetime years ago but stopped when I met my husband. Now I'm watching it on my iPad while I'm on the elliptical. I love it.

elinor
01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
My guilty pleasure last weekend was a New Adult Korean romance/drama, called My Princess. The heroine was dumb as rocks, but I couldn't look away.

Silver-Midnight
01-24-2014, 10:02 AM
How much time do you have? Hahaha.

Um, mine can be anywhere from music to books(and even still fan fiction, both writing and reading it). It all depends on my mood.

Mossy9
01-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Of late, mocha iced coffee with just a bit too much chocolate.

man now I want a starbucks coffee. javachip, low fat milk, with whip, with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Mossy9
01-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Also. my guilty pleasure is this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Abrams

He's so awesome on good morning america. I always catch his segments before work.

I'm weird HA

Brother G
01-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Reading romantic Homestuck fanfiction, specifically the stories with trolls in them and especially specifically the stories with both trolls and humans in them.

There's probably something wrong with it, but I like weird alien cultures and I liked complicated romantic relationships. When you have two separate species with different biologies, different cultures, and especially entirely different views on how romance is supposed to work,* it's gold.

*For those of you who don't read Homestuck, trolls have "red romances," which are like our conception of romance, and "black romances," which are based on hate. Having an archnemesis isn't just a thing that happens to some trolls, it's something that fulfills a psychological need as deep as their (and our) need for a more loving partner. And it's considered cheating to have more than one such nemesis (called a kismesis).

Stlight
02-22-2014, 06:17 AM
guilty pleasure Ancient Aliens, that's all.

er...{written in code so only Lavern can read it} Lavern, did Meri decide to have the baby or not? I missed that bit. I know I can't believe it either.

But no, Ancient Aliens, my only guilty pleasure, unless rice cakes count...

elinor
02-22-2014, 07:44 AM
My guilty pleasure has to be the new Teen Wolf. Ugh. It's just so awesomely stupid, I love it.

KateH
02-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Nutella
The TV show Reign
Romance-laden YA novels

Although at this point, I hardly feel guilty anymore over these... :D

Rotes
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Driving for hours
Bubble Baths
Naps
Ke$ha. No one is immune.

Lavern08
02-23-2014, 12:59 AM
er...{written in code so only Lavern can read it} Lavern, did Meri decide to have the baby or not? I missed that bit...

Rep with answer sent. ;)

T J Deen
02-23-2014, 03:51 AM
Cuban-Chinese food.

Taylor Harbin
02-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
90s Marvel cartoons
Sea shanties and military music
Documentaries on just about every war ever

Jehhillenberg
02-24-2014, 04:00 AM
food.

Morri
02-24-2014, 05:17 AM
My guilty pleasure has to be the new Teen Wolf. Ugh. It's just so awesomely stupid, I love it.

Yesss. Every Monday I try to convince my brother to watch it even though I know he wouldn't like it. I bet he's sick of me texting him about it, haha.

Rotes
02-24-2014, 11:45 AM
"Feed the Muse" + Many other food related posts...
Wait...
Is over eating while writing like, a thing?
Because I do that.
I do that a LOT.
I thought it was my genetic thingy.
NOW I HAVE TO FEED THE PURPLE MONSTER AND THE MUSE?

Tamlyn
02-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Disney movies and honeycomb

Ona Mission
02-24-2014, 05:50 PM
White cheddar popcorn. 70% dark chocolate. Netflix.