I had a dream

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream I was attending an astrophysics class in a hospital gown. No reason, just thought I'd share that here.

Meanwhile, glad to hear some people are getting beta reads! May your generosity with your time and expertise be passed on to others, who pass it on to others, until it returns to you tenfold.

Maryn, who remembers the math was confusing

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream...

That I don't remember anymore. Frick, why does that always happen?

Something about gardening...? Maybe?

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream... about succeeding in something... then I forgetz it. Now I'll never do that.

I had a dream...

That I don't remember anymore. Frick, why does that always happen?

The mind automatically dumps its cache when you wake up. Wish my computer did that.

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
The last dream I had, I was at a swimming pool, staring at a buffet table full of sweets and cakes and biscuits. Only when you took the cakes to pieces, they were made of wood.

On the outer edge of the pool there were mini sprinklers and children were playing in them. In the middle of the pool, a giant clay golem rose up, roaring. His head nearly grazed the ceiling, and it was some sort of activity the place put on - the children had to team up and kill one each hour. I remember wondering how the event passed health and safety, given the way the golem was smacking kids back against the tiles.

And then I turned my attention back to the cakes.

:Shrug:

Happy betaing!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ram, I laughed when you mentioned health and safety. :tongue It was just so unexpected for a dream.

I had a dream... That I had a class starting today (I just finished my semester - I don't want a new class right now!) and I was an hour late getting to it because I couldn't find the room, and the piece of paper with the room number on it was very confusing. For some reason, I tried driving to that section of the Uni, even though I can't drive, but the building was inaccessible to cars. Then a student in the class found me and said that we had an assignment due that night at 6.30pm, and I really shouldn't have skipped class. Finally made it into the room, and I was wearing women's clothes and having to explain why this was completely normal, even though the actual class content seemed to be making videos of each other.

*flop*

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
Lovely dreams :)

My last dream involved a Starbucks, a pistol, and Cersei Lannister. Someday I'll be able to shake off working at that place, I hope.

GypsyKing

Mischief is an art
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream that I was Ms. Hannigan from the musical 'Annie.'

Seriously. No lie.

Even stranger because I am in fact a man. And I very clearly remember looking down at my large and supple breasts in awe, wondering what I was supposed to do with them. I poked and prodded and even tried balancing a martini glass and serving drinks on them (I'm a bartender).

Then I remembered that I was around children.

The dream went downhill from there.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I had this dream where I was walking home from middle school (taking the actual route home - not some crazy dream route) and saw a large black rat snake that clearly had just eaten a large meal. But he was in the gutter, trundling along, I was on the sidewalk, all was well.

I got to the bottom of the giant hill that we lived on and came across a sort of park ranger and some lady. They were saying the black snakes were all coming down and to watch out, and I said yeah, I just saw one, and i was like isn't that cool? (I think snakes are cool - I am a little skwoogie about them as well but I fully appreciate their spot in the animal kingdom.

So I don't get why this park ranger and lady are so freaked out... and then here comes this snake down the hill. It was GINORMOUS and it was rather unwieldy - being sort of triangular shaped. I don't know why I am going into such detail... but here it comes. The triangular one goes on its way, and we're like whoa, that was lucky. Then.... here comes another one. It was actually a giant gila monster - with legs but longer and obviously, huger. But the park ranger grabs this huge branch off a tree and starts shouting and whacking a car with it. The giant gila monter/snake with legs ignores the crap out of the ranger and actually walks under the giant branch whacking the tree not giving a .... you know what.

I still had to climb that giant hill without a park ranger to bang on a car with a huge branch.

I woke up got a drink... then when I went back to bed, I didn't want to put my feet in the covers,

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
I had a dream about an aerobics class. Not so much a dream as a day-dream. An idea. A fantasy.

You see, every Monday night we take the Best Boy In The World to the sports club at the very expensive private school next to us (Charterhouse). He does not like football (soccer) or rugby or cricket. But he does like climbing on the indoor climbing wall at the Charterhouse sports club.

In the big hall of the sports club there is always an aerobics class happening at the same time. Effortlessly lithe specimens prancing about on steps and waving dumbbells in the air.

But here's the strange thing. We have never seen one of these classes start or finish. There is always a class in mid session when we walk by. The pragmatic logical soul in me points out that this is because the BBITW needs time to get into and out of his climbing gear - special shoes, harness and helmet.

But then the imagination takes over. I have this mental image of an aerobics class that never ends. It carries on, day after day, all through the night. The teacher would leave after a while and another would take over. The participants would come and go when they got tired. But the class would carry on all the time.

And then you think that this endless class might have moods. The midnight class might be a slower tempo, oh I don't know, yogic stretches, greet the dawn poses and people dressed up as pirates. The class might start to take on a life of its own, like a giant beast with different moods and emotions.

Where am I going with this? I have absolutely no idea. But that's the thing with dreams, isn't it?