PDA

View Full Version : Camino Walk. Me. Wow!

KTC
11-15-2013, 07:53 PM
I am going to be doing the Camino Walk in Spain in May. I'm so frigging excited, I want to be given an injection to put me to sleep until the trip day arrives! lol

11 days...300kg...BAREFOOT.

In one of the most beautiful pilgrimage places in the world. I haven't been this excited since I walked across Kenya in '09.

Didn't know where to post this. (-:

http://suekenney.ca/the-camino/suseya-virtual-pilgrims-center/next-camino-group-journey/

Stew21
11-15-2013, 08:05 PM
awesome!!! Lots of pictures please.

And I wager right this moment, you will tattoo yourself again to commemorate the experience. :)

Persei
11-15-2013, 08:21 PM
That'll be an interesting experience.

Who needs shoes anyway? :D

shakeysix
11-15-2013, 08:27 PM
I have never been to Spain but I kind of like the music. They say the ladies are insane there... Not mine but you knew that, right? Congratulations and buen suerte.--s6

KTC
11-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks, both!

YES, Trish. I will be feeling around for tat ideas during the entire journey. My back belongs to Kenya. My right arm belongs to Leonard Cohen and my left arm belongs to Buddha. (-:

I will photo blog the entire journey!

Maryn
11-15-2013, 08:36 PM
So, how callused are those tootsies now? Because that would be my focus, working on thickening them up lest I half-cripple myself. You want to be inspired, not insane with pain, during the Camino Walk, right?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a close-up of the tat on your right arm, although it shows in your present avatar. What's it say?

Maryn, delighted you're going

KTC
11-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Maryn,

I started training this week. I'm walking around the streets of Toronto for 1 hr a day for a start. A la shoes. (-: My whole life, I've been a barefoot person whenever I could be...so I think the barefoot training won't start until the spring...say April-ish. My feet are tough. My Nana's blood gave me feet worthy of woodland bareness. (-; That's an idiotic way of saying she was full-blooded mi'kmaq and my feet are stealthy. I'm such a yit! (-;

Anyway, I wore Japanese slippers for a few of this week's excursions. I can feel every pebble, crack, etc...through them. Slightly more than barefoot. (-:

I had to look at my pic to see which tat was showing. The one you can see is: "THERE IS A CRACK IN EVERYTHING, THAT'S HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN." I have another one on my forearm that says: "I HAVE TRIED IN MY WAY TO BE FREE." My other arm is Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and Um Mani Padme Hum...but in different languages. (-: And I have some Swahili on my back, along with the co-ordinates of the island of Lamu off the coast of Kenya. If my body is ever found...I sure hope they follow the lat and longs on my back and send me home for burial! lol (-:

I'm granola-ing up this shit!

Caitlin Black
11-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Sounds like fun. :) Make sure to bring along some floozies to give you foot rubs at the end of each day. ;)

Siri Kirpal
11-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Ooh! What a blessed thing to do! May your feet survive!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

GingerGunlock
11-16-2013, 12:46 AM
It amuses me (in a non-derisive way, I assure you) that the person running the pilgrimage is an "expert pilgrim". I didn't consider people might still be called or considered that, in modern times!

That sounds lovely and self revelatory.

KTC
11-16-2013, 01:40 AM
It amuses me (in a non-derisive way, I assure you) that the person running the pilgrimage is an "expert pilgrim". I didn't consider people might still be called or considered that, in modern times!

That sounds lovely and self revelatory.

She is actually a very good friend of mine. In my opinion, that is exactly what Sue is. But you would have to know her and her passion, I suppose, to realize the justification of the term. (-: She's lovely.

Kylabelle
11-16-2013, 02:42 AM
This sounds so awesome and magical! I am a little envious, to tell the truth.

Really looking forward to the pictures and stories!

:)

KTC
11-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Okay. Somebody stop me! The travel bug has bit me big. Now, it is also Lithuania in July. (-:

GingerGunlock
11-19-2013, 11:28 PM
She is actually a very good friend of mine. In my opinion, that is exactly what Sue is. But you would have to know her and her passion, I suppose, to realize the justification of the term. (-: She's lovely.

That's pretty awesome, really :D

Okay. Somebody stop me! The travel bug has bit me big. Now, it is also Lithuania in July. (-:

You might as well!

What's in Lithuania? (that you have booked)

Shadow_Ferret
11-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Cool.

Although the barefoot thing puts me off. I never go barefoot. Ever.

quickWit
11-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Lithuania employ draconian methods to enforce the 'No shirt, No shoes, No service' philosophy?

I think they do.

KTC
11-20-2013, 12:16 AM
lol. Lithuania is actually for a writing course. (-: Summer Literary Seminars. Look them up. (-; I went to Kenya with the organization. Time to do another locale with them!

quickWit
11-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Yeah, uh...'Correct me if I'm wrong' is really just a figure of speech, so...

yeah.

KTC
11-20-2013, 12:53 AM
I can forego service for the sake of looking sexy. ;-)

quickWit
11-20-2013, 01:00 AM
rawr.