PDA

View Full Version : First three chapters of final (third) draft - c. 10k

Diomedes
11-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi, I'm just coming up to the end of the first three chapters of the third and hopefully final draft of my current work. In this one I'm working on drawing the characters out more, the setting, and making certain aspects a little more subtle as well as getting the dramatic edge of the writing refined.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would be able to read through these three chapters and let me know if its at a stage in which it could be submitted to agents. I'm asking at this point because it will let me know that I'm doing everything right and can plough ahead and finish this draft in the way I'm working now or else need to think some more about it.

The story is set in Dublin in 1912, about an actress working for W.B. Yeats who falls prey to the lusts of a malicious man. There's a little more to it than that - a bad guy and a hero; a race to stage a play before England - but that's the general gist.

I expect to have the three chapters finished this weekend. Please let me know if you're interested.