Ranty ranty kind of, hi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow_n.n

Registered
Reaction score
Over the past few years I have been developing a character for a horror / thriller I planned to write.

The thing is, I have a best friend who is a writer as well and I've always thought it would be cool to write something with her. We get through part of the plotting and planning, then end up never really talking about it again because one of us gets bored.

The content I like to write is very heavy and she knows that. One day, we were talking and she decided that she wanted to create a sibling for my horror character. I was happy and excited that she was going to write their journey with me. The same thing happened as before, though I really wanted to write for this character of mine - so I continued asking her about it and finally, a few weeks ago I got an honest answer from her (finally, she told me that it was too heavy for her). Which was a fucking relief, but at the same time, it pissed me off. We have been waiting for each other for a long time, it's part of the reason why I could never really finish anything I started (there are a lot more reasons though, I'm not blaming it all on her) because I wanted to write with her, my best friend and we just kept stalling and wandering away from our ideas. Some of them were amazing, like, so amazing that one person couldn't possibly think of it by themselves so it was disappointing every time we separated ourselves from our writing.

So, I continued writing my horror character all by myself because I was so angry and it's gone really well so far. Being in school again has helped, I had a short story assignment and wrote something using my character I worked so hard on.

Now I have tons of plans for where I want my writing to go. I am going to be creating many novella's about her life, starting at the beginning because I like the whole story, not just bits and pieces in one or two books. This way, readers will understand more and grow with her like I have. :)

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I literally cannot read this, Willow. By choosing a smaller font, you create a challenge for older eyes, and by turning your text pink, we roll those eyes and close the tab with the teensy pink lettering.

In general, at a site with adults over 40, you want to use a font at least the size of the default font the site gives members who don't specify something else--the size of this one.

Maryn, hoping whatever you ranted about works out

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your solo endeavors. Collaboration isn't for everyone, and you'll have plenty of ideas on your own, no worries.

Willow_n.n

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry!

I didn't notice that I left out what she said.

She pretty much told me that she wasn't interested in writing for our characters because it was too dark and that it had been for a while. I understood and everything, but I kind of wish she would have told me earlier so I could have started my own thing earlier.

Alright, though I don't see why that person had to be so rude about it.

Willow_n.n

Registered
Reaction score

Thanks! :] Oh, her and I still swap around ideas and stuff. It helps a lot with writers block!

Are you working on anything right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.