• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers Wanted: Middle Grade Sci-Fi Fantasy Action Adventure Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlstov

Registered
Reaction score
I need Beta Readers who will provide feedback for a Sci-fi Fantasy Middle Grade Novel. Think The Hunger Games meets Percy Jackson. (86.6K Words / 294 pages / PG-10: Action, Violence, Light Romance, Implied Language)

Summary: In the future the world is divided. All communications have been severed: no telephones, Internet, or anything to send information. Now with the world in the midst of their fourth war in eighty years, the warring powers decide to send children on the dangerous mission to take messages back and forth to the battlefield. Adrian Zeno is such a child, brought in from the Outlands and placed on the front lines of a war that will be won or lost based on the information he carries.

While this is my first novel, I’ve successfully sold two independent feature films, and I’m currently working on a short film for this book project. A detailed critique is not necessary, but I really need honest feedback on the story and the characters. I do have a small questionnaire, for those who don’t want to worry with a write up. But I’m open even to “hey I liked it” “hey I didn’t”. Although the more information I have the better. :)

The first four chapters are available online right now. So, you can preview the work. If you want more just contact me, and I’ll send you over a full version. (Right now I have word and pdf. I’ll try to see if I can get a MOBI)

You’ll find the preview on one of the links below. If you can’t get to the preview email me and I’ll send it to you.

http://josephlstovall.blogspot.com/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Hqpn5D37nBTkJELWhiMTlaNFE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
jlstovall4 at yahoo.com

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jlstov, I can't read the text of your post. Please don't override the font size unless you want to exclude older eyes like there pretty blue ones, okay? I'm not the beta reader you'd want, since I don't do your genre, but many of your potential beta readers might well struggle to make out your request.

You can edit your post to change the font size. Just hit preview to see if it looks about the same size as this message, in AW's default size.

(Yes, for those eager to help, I know how to enlarge the display, but then everything else is oversized, so I tend to just move on when I see text too small to read.)

Maryn, old eyes, young heart

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent. Fingers crossed that you get good beta experiences from the post which everybody can now read--even me!

Maryn, who's watching Animal Planet's elephant seals--eek!

jlstov

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent. Fingers crossed that you get good beta experiences from the post which everybody can now read--even me!

Maryn, who's watching Animal Planet's elephant seals--eek!

LOL, I hope so too. So, far I've been very fortunate with great Beta Readers. I've spoken with a few authors who've had a hard time finding even one. And I've had a good amount so far that have finished the book. And all of these were people I didn't know. So, it's been very rewarding and a good learning experience. I appreciate boards like this one that help writers meetup and help each other. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.