PDA

View Full Version : Grammar Mentor Wanted

infractuspennae
11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Lately, I have become very frustrated with myself and feel stupid. To the point I want to scrap what I have done. But then I remember I have done that far too often, it's time to finish what I start.

I am looking for someone who can help me on multiple levels.

First, with grammar/spelling, I willingly admit they are not my strong point, since I have Dysgraphia. It has been a while since I have written seriously, so I am very rusty. It just makes a bad situation even worse. As I get in the habit of writing a lot once again, the errors will cut back. And being on medical leave I don't have the $$ to pay for Grammarly.

This will require patience on the part of the reader.

Because of this, I would like someone who doesnít mind working a chapter at a time. I would never want to overwhelm anyone with 200+ pages of horrible grammar, at one time. Itís not fair to you.

Next, I want to make sure I have something readable. I mean that it doesnít make the reader want to stop after the first page.

Genre: To be completely honest, right now I am not sure what my work would fit. Itís a story about a mother trying to come to terms with her sonís schizophrenia. At the same time, itís a romance, because the mother finally opens the door to someone who has been in love with her for years. She just pushed him away before because of fear.

Category: Adult.

chompers
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Uh...I don't really see anything wrong with your grammar or spelling.:e2headban

infractuspennae
11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Uh...I don't really see anything wrong with your grammar or spelling.:e2headban

Ha, read my writing and tell me that.

blacbird
11-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Google "Purdue OWL".

caw