• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

PM me your first 500 words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHM123

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to help out around here and would like anyone who has a YA book to PM me their first 500 words. I am going to read as if I am an agent, tell you if I would read on, and if not, where I would stop. Also, I am going to point out spots where you cold revise and how it could be more appealing to an agent.

I am willing to read all YA samples (excluding fantasy) and am particularly fond of contemporary realistic. I am going to be as honest as possible. If you would like to reciprocate, that's fine, and if not, that's fine too. I may start reading tonight, but the majority of them will be done tomorrow afternoon. :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to help out around here and would like anyone who has a YA book to PM me their first 500 words. I am going to read as if I am an agent, tell you if I would read on, and if not, where I would stop. Also, I am going to point out spots where you cold revise and how it could be more appealing to an agent.)

This is of course all fine, except that's not the way we roll, and you're not an agent, and frankly, I'm not sure you'd know "how an agent reads," because they aren't all the same, and they don't read the same—which is one reason that Agent A will pass on a book, and Agent B will ask for a full, and tell you they love it, and keep contacting publishers until they find an editor who also loves your book.

Please start reading the stickies.

You might want to start with SYW.

Status
Not open for further replies.