After working for twelve years ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I've always thought of AW as my community for fiction writing and have always imagined posting in this section when I finally get an agent. (It will happen!)

But in my other life as a playwright, something pretty cool has happened. A play I have been working on for twelve years, gotten many, many rejections on, and have completely shelved (more than once), is getting produced next year.

I blogged about it here.

Don't give up!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's really fabulous, Joy 'n perservance is the key, huh. Bet it's super! Calls for :Cake:s :) Hey, Mclesh!

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
That is SO EXCITING! Congratulations!

I can't even imagine the rush of seeing other people breathing life into something that you created! Will you be involved in the production at all, or is it more of a "your work here is done" situation?

Oh my god, people will be sitting in the dark, watching YOUR WORDS being performed, and there will be applause, and...

Wow. Congratulations!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Thanks very much!

Yes, I will be heavily involved. Theater is so awesomely collaborative and it is amazing to be in a rehearsal room (or a performance) and have a whole group of brilliantly talented people focused on bringing your vision to life.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Writing is usually so solitary. I can't imagine how cool that's going to be. Way to go!

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, that's amazing!!! :partyguy: I'd be doing loops about the house screaming with excitement lol! :PartySmil:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish I lived in the area so I could see it.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz, from one playwright to another! :Hug2:

I can identify with your excitement - It's absolutely spellbinding to watch your characters "come to life" on stage.

Canton

A tethered mind
Registered
Reaction score
Theater is so awesomely collaborative and it is amazing to be in a rehearsal room (or a performance) and have a whole group of brilliantly talented people focused on bringing your vision to life.

Has got to be an amazing feeling for you. Congrats x10! :hooray:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool. A great event to look forward to, when the words come to life on the stage.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I love hearing stories like this. Congratulations!

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I've always thought of AW as my community for fiction writing and have always imagined posting in this section when I finally get an agent. (It will happen!)

But in my other life as a playwright, something pretty cool has happened. A play I have been working on for twelve years, gotten many, many rejections on, and have completely shelved (more than once), is getting produced next year.

I blogged about it here.

Don't give up!

Can I get a HELL YEAH? :) Congratulations! That's totally and completely amazing!

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score

I blogged about it here.

Don't give up!

Congratulations Joy! I can imagine how exciting it will be to see your work acted out on stage. (You should put up some pics on our blog if you can!) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.