Silly question of the day

Jocasta

I live in a small country with a veryyyyyyyy small publishing market, where agents are actually non-existent but where there are nonetheless a few well respected publishing houses. Now, the ones I want to send my ms to don't mention anything at all about submissions on their website. What do you do in such cases? Just send a query letter first? Or do you enclose a synopis and/or a couple of sample chapters with your query? Any help welcome...

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Jocasta said:
I live in a small country with a veryyyyyyyy small publishing market, where agents are actually non-existent but where there are nonetheless a few well respected publishing houses. Now, the ones I want to send my ms to don't mention anything at all about submissions on their website. What do you do in such cases? Just send a query letter first? Or do you enclose a synopis and/or a couple of sample chapters with your query? Any help welcome...
I don't have any experience with this particular situation, but it seems to me that if the publishing market and industry is as small as you say, just send in your proposal and your sample chapters and see what happens. Chances are that they'll take a look at what you send. Good luck!

Jocasta

Thank you, I'll just do that and hope that they'll indeed take a look at what I sent.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Submission

Jocasta said:

I don;t know teh answer to this, either, but why aim at those publishers? Agenst handle writers from all countries, and the big publishers publish writers from all countries. Just because you country has no agents and only small publlishers in no way means you have to go without an agent, or settle for a small pubisher.