• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Edited- Beta Reader Final Draft of Childhood Memoir 60,000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking for someone to beta read my childhood memoir. The story is about child abuse, and my recovery. The details are not gruesome, and ends with a redemptive arc.

My memoir as already been through a new editor just starting her business, and a beta read by a wonderful awesome person here. It's as clean as I know how to make it. I am looking for fresh eyes to make sure there are no mistakes, and no obvious loop holes.

I will be happy to beta read for you, as long as your manuscript is in the same place as mine. The reason being I am weak with grammar, (which is why I had to find an editor myself) But, I am good at spotting awkward wording/ and plot holes.

I'm not writing from a place of hating my past experiences, or looking for validation. I call my memoir my "flag on top of the mountain", and my past has become something that I love because of how it's shaped me. I am explaining this so that no one worries that it's a Negative Nancy type of book. It has been reworked and rewritten many times, and it would be an honor for me to have someone beta read it. Please message me if you are interested. It's 60,000 words, and I don't mind sending it one chapter at a time. Thank you

Last edited:

SunshineonMe

Registered
Reaction score
still looking- thank you!
And a special Thanks to the wonderful person who beta read it. I would name you, but I didn't ask permission!

SunshineonMe

Registered
Reaction score
Ahh Lisagh- Thank you! And thank you to the others who beta read for me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.