PDA

View Full Version : Any other friends of fire and steel?

Levico
10-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Any other blacksmiths, bladesmiths, sword-forgers, hammer-misers and pyros out there?
~Lev

Filigree
11-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Light steel work, more small plasma cutting and silversmithing. But I have 30 years of scorch marks to prove it.

Shadowflame
11-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Does lampworking count? (Well soon to be lampworker once the bill monster is paid off?)

In the future possibly doing metal work for jewelry though (again after the bill moster is satisfied.)

Kevans
05-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Sca armor, gun smithing, tool and die making, home built steam engines, blade making, and light foundry work.

Regards,
Kevin

Jamesaritchie
05-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Gunsmithing, and I used to make knives and tomahawks, but I'd never call myself a blacksmith.

Evelyn
06-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Silversmithing, jeweler

D.M.L
08-13-2014, 12:19 AM
I haven't done any forging or scratch building yet, but I've always loved to modify knives. I like to take a knife with a good blade, but with a handle or furniture that's not up to snuff, and refinish it myself, sometimes making my own handles. I find that a lot of production blades are like that: the steel is good, but the rest of the furniture and such often is kinda substandard because they're cranked out on an assembly line. But with a bit of improvement you can make yourself quite a nice, personalized knife that will perform just as well and look the part of a custom-built one.