Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Babies in Halloween Costumes. Several of these are wonderful.

Once again, I have no occasion to wear a costume, dammit. It seems silly to dress up to be home. But today I'll be wearing my skeleton skirt and purple striped socks and taking myself out for coffee.

Maryn, ready to loan out the lobster costume on short notice

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In protest I am tempted to organize bunches of people to dress as very obese versions of this woman.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hahahahaha!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I'm always in costume. When I go to the door with the treats, the little hobgoblins sometimes look at my turban and say, "What are you supposed to be?" I tell them, "I dress like this all the time."

:)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Karma -- in the form of me. :EVIL: :tongue

Seriously: not dressing up and I don't have money for any treats -- sweets, healthy or otherwise. :(

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be dressing up as a pasty skinned college student with deep shadows under her eyes who runs around screaming about German cases and separable prefix nouns.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
My Hallowe'en costume generally consists of me rooting around in my closet to find my skeleton earrings.

Actually, I tell a lie. I usually forget to do that until sometime after Hallowe'en, at which point there's no reason to bother.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bet somebody ate the tail and claws.

Maryn, wiping at the shine of melted butter on her lips

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

26 Trick or Treat'ers...
and one dog.

(Not bad considering the light rain and the wind gusts)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I made prosthetic feet so my youngest could go out as a hobbit. They fit over his hiking boots.

After trick-or-treating in the rain they are in a pretty shocking state. Hopefully I'll be able to clean them enough so he can wear them to the science fiction conventions later.

But it did make me wonder, why when they are out in the weather and mud and adventuring are hobbits never depicted with dirty feet?

HoldinHolden

Blogger, author, poop joke maker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
holdinholden.com
We were a rag tag crew of zombies. All costumes put together from thrift stores. Spent all day distressing and ruining them!
1605_548108668591460_933289802_n.jpg

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No one wants to see crusty dirty hobbit feetses in their movies!

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Favourites I saw -

A girl about a year old in a little bee outfit - black tights, bee leotard, little yellow fluff of tutu, small black wings. Adorable.

Two-year-old boy in a park ranger outfit - short green pressed pants, socks, khaki shirt, suspenders, hat.

Oh, and I saw a couple of teens yesterday. One girl dressed as a minion - jeans, yellow t-shirt, big minion-like googly eyes on a pulled-down beanie cap, suspenders, her friend was dressed in a pink sweater, blonde hair, pink and white toque with a pompom, pulled down low - Agnes. They were too cute and it was nice to see it done creatively without full-on costumes.

Someone on the street in an AMAZING headless woman deal, carrying her head. It was a velvet dress with a lace-up corset-type top, but it looked more real than costumey, if you know what I mean. It had underskirts, wasn't princessy looking, was very like it would look at home on a peasant. Except that the top was artfully splattered and covered in blood, as there was no head, just a bloody neck.

The person was carrying a disembodied head under one arm, with the full hairdo, makeup on it, etc. Also was just the right height. Looked really amazing, detail-wise.

Everyone on the street was turning to watch the person go by, and some poor toddler was freaked the fuck out. The dad carrying the kid had to stop and point bits out, all 'no, see, look, you can see the feet moving as she walks, see, not dead, just a costume, see because...,' because the kid was going on frantically.

Least favourite - a 10- or 11-year-old girl (maaaaaybe 12), dressed as, near as I can figure, slutty zombie Minnie mouse. Minnie's dress (the red polka dot number), except it was a way mini skirt ruffle, Minnie hair bow, white face zombie makeup, white tights, heels, garter belt on thigh. Wtf?

Had a bunch of kids, still have about half a bowl of candy. One mother was overseeing and chatting and, spying in the bowl, which had a variety, hesitatingly said 'could I maybe have one of the gummy bears?' Heh. Because who can resist the lure of individual packs of mini Haribo?

Last edited:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
No trick-or-treaters, but I wasn't necessarily expecting any, given the building is locked by default.

Which means I'm up three pieces of candy because the concierge let us raid his bowl. :)

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Just 2 here. An all time low.

But saw a lot of costumes anyway, as I did my weekly shopping this afternoon and lots of the checkers, etc, wore them. My favorite was a guy with a stuffed parrot on his pretend pirate coat.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Somewhere between 85 and 100 trick-or-treaters, here. We're just about to shut it down for the night.

I think my favorite costumes were a pair of geeky, bespectacled tweenagers dressed as "Amazon returns" in hollowed out, glued-together stacks of Amazon boxes, complete with open flaps and those little air-paks poking out the top.

Only skinny young kids could pull that off. And they were SOOOO meta and dead-pan about it, too.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Out of the 26, there were a few zombies, a hunter, football player, and a handful of princesses. The most memorable however, was the little girl that Mom had to carry. It was her first Halloween, as she was a lady bug.
It was just adorable. =)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I got 4, and they were all 8 or under, I'd guess. I don't really remember the costumes particularly well. One had some sort of skeleton mask, I think one was a fairy, and the other 2 I can't remember.