PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Guilty Pleasure(s)?

SallyD
02-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Watching Unsolved Mysteries on Lifetime whenever I can catch it, even though I've seen every episode, some multiple times!

Dark chocolate-covered pretzels.

Disney World Vacations.

blisswriter
02-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I never ever thought I would do this, but...

buying a pair of shoes that cost more than $20.

Jcomp
02-24-2006, 12:10 AM
sniffing glue...

kidding. Um, Batman comic books. Baby carrots. That 70's Show. Wrestling video games...

Shadow_Ferret
02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Why would baby carrots be a guilty pleasure. They ARE good for you.

My guilty pleasures, the Blade movies, Lost in Space television show, Cat Stevens, wearing women's under garments... I mean, um, well, what I meant to say is eating shoe-string potatoes. Yes, that's it. :o

Jcomp
02-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Why would baby carrots be a guilty pleasure. They ARE good for you.

I guess it's because I live in San Antonio, and this isn't exactly healthtown. You come to work with a bag of baby carrots or sliced oranges and people look at you like you just insulted the entire breakfast taco genre...phylum... food group...

Shadow_Ferret
02-24-2006, 12:53 AM
lol

There's an entire breakfast taco genre? :)

Jcomp
02-24-2006, 01:12 AM
lol

There's an entire breakfast taco genre? :)

like u would not believe.

Oh, another guilty pleasure. Really bad jokes. Not "dirty" jokes, just bad, bad bad ones. If there's a pun involved, all the better. Can't get enough.

"There's these two guys. The first guy walked into a bar, but the second guy ducked."

Maryn
02-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Keanu. I mean, he can't act, but hey, does he need to?

September skies
02-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Indiana Jones -- mmm, guilty as charged

aadams73
02-24-2006, 03:56 AM
I guess it's because I live in San Antonio, and this isn't exactly healthtown. You come to work with a bag of baby carrots or sliced oranges and people look at you like you just insulted the entire breakfast taco genre...phylum... food group...

Bwahahahaha! That is so true of San Antonio. Las Palapas is one busy place in the morning.

Carole
02-24-2006, 04:27 AM
I never miss Little House on the Prairie. I don't care what else is on TV, if I see Little House in the guide, that's what I watch.

September skies
02-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Ok, a real list now - since apparently Indiana Jones does not count.

Ralph Lauren anything - sheets, shoes, clothes, purses and perfume
Starbucks - I used to go daily but now trimmed it down to 1/week
Lunch out regularly - with a friend or alone (Little Italy, anyone?)
Magazines - I subscribe to 10 different ones
American Idol - I LOVE that show and almost die waiting for the new season to start each year.
Hagan Daaz Ice cream bars - no other will do
Baseball - I love the game and I can't live without it. I've had season tickets since 1999 (minor league, single A ball) and I'll be there every night that we have a game - one season we had 16 nights of baseball in a row.

aadams73
02-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Indiana Jones doesn't count? Sheesh.

My list:

Fashion mags.
Buffy and Angel
Star Trek
Swedish fish(if I can't get aussie red frogs)
Stationary.

Unique
02-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Johnny Walker Black

stace001
02-24-2006, 05:13 AM
I tasted my first chocolate covered pretzel two weeks ago, and OH MY GOD!!!:e2cloud9: I've been frantically searching Australia for them ever since. (my friend brought some back from the US for me).

Other than that, anything Joss Whedon has ever written (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity) and anything chocolate.

BlackCrowesChick
02-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Hot Pockets
Frank Sinatra
Lip syncing to Frank Sinatra
Air guitar

What a list.

Shwebb
02-24-2006, 05:28 AM
chocolate
cheesecake
chocolate cheesecake
pecan pie
Chex mix
Roller Girls
Carole, "Little House" is one of mine, too. And "Xena" used to be.
AW
People Magazine
Any cheap tabloid, like "Enquirer." I won't buy one, but my mom does sometimes and passes it to me. I don't believe anything I read in 'em, but they sure are fun to read!

PrettySpecialGal
02-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Marky Mark

Cheryll
02-24-2006, 06:26 AM
~ Backstreet Boys

~ Chocolate

~ Sinfully luxurious sheets and bath towels

~ Chocolate

~ American Idol

~ Chocolate ;)

tiny
02-24-2006, 06:56 AM
My guilty pleasure is a guy I adore from a far...

blisswriter
02-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Oh, and the toilet paper.

For years, I've had a habit of buying the cheapest toilet paper I could find. :Shrug:(blame it on being raised by a frugal momma and grandma)

But recently, I've come to realize the need to pamper my nether regions :snoopy: with the softest I can find. These days I'm partial to Cottenelle with ripples and something my grandma gets from Costco. :D

Carole
02-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Ralph Lauren anything - sheets, shoes, clothes, purses and perfume

Ok, maybe you can understand my excitement. I found a brand new set of Ralph Lauren chambray sheets - still in the package - at a thrift store not long ago. And then I found a navy blue loopy cotton (the kind you can throw in the wash and it just gets softer) Ralph Lauren rug at the same store, also new. I paid a whole $5 for the lot.

Susie
02-25-2006, 12:22 AM
OOOOO, guilty pleasures. Here's my list:

chocolate, any kind but no peanuts, just 'cause I don't like 'em.
chocolate brownie icecream
chocolate pudding
chocolate bars
diamond jewelry, which I can't afford to buy
playing slot machines, which I can't afford to do
and anything that's not recommended on that darn pyramid that the government puts out on bread packages.:)

September skies
02-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Ok, maybe you can understand my excitement. I found a brand new set of Ralph Lauren chambray sheets - still in the package - at a thrift store not long ago. And then I found a navy blue loopy cotton (the kind you can throw in the wash and it just gets softer) Ralph Lauren rug at the same store, also new. I paid a whole $5 for the lot.

Oh yes! You're my kind of girl! You were so lucky!

I like to frequent Marshalls -- just for their Ralph Lauren things -- they always have something and so reasonable! We have an RL outlet mall out here - but even there, everything is too expensive for me.

I love specialty sheets the best - prefer my 1000-thread cotton sateen stripes - it feels like heaven under them! It almost makes you forget about sex. LOL

Shiraz
02-25-2006, 12:46 AM
My guilty pleasure is TV. I'd die without it. I really would. Suicide. TV. Pleasure. TV.

September skies
02-25-2006, 12:48 AM
My guilty pleasure is a guy I adore from a far...

Oh - I love this! Let me ask you questions....

Is this someone we know?
Is he someone here on AW?
Does he know you adore him?
Can you give us a hint?
Will he run away from you -- or to you -- if he knew?

tiny
02-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh - I love this! Let me ask you questions....

Is this someone we know?
Is he someone here on AW?
Does he know you adore him?
Can you give us a hint?
Will he run away from you or to you if he knew?

Hahahaha. I can't tell, I don't want to scare him. Plus, then he'll see the trap before I trip the snare...

Susie
02-25-2006, 01:21 AM
TT, tell us if he's on AW, at least. Pretty please with ten cherries on top...:)

NeuroFizz
02-25-2006, 01:36 AM
A big, juicy steak from Ruth's Chris...
The first slice of turkey breast, right from the oven
Bacon
Asparagas cut from the garden and steamed while the cut end is still leaking.
Lime anything
Mint anything

brokenfingers
02-25-2006, 01:56 AM
My guilty pleasure is a guy I adore from a far...I hope it isn't Ray, that hussy.

tiny
02-25-2006, 02:02 AM
I hope it isn't Ray, that hussy.

And would that be because he is your guilty pleasure?

brokenfingers
02-25-2006, 02:03 AM
OK, I confess.

I also have a crush on sombody here at AW.

(yoohoo! Raaaaaay!)

Carole
02-25-2006, 06:24 AM
I like to frequent Marshalls -- just for their Ralph Lauren things -- they always have something and so reasonable! We have an RL outlet mall out here - but even there, everything is too expensive for me.

I didn't know Marshall's carried RL things! Guess where *I* am going tomorrow!!

I love specialty sheets the best - prefer my 1000-thread cotton sateen stripes - it feels like heaven under them!

oooh. I am a nice sheet snob! There's not much in this world quite as delicious as extravagant sheets. My favorite are pure white, and I even have stacks of vintage muslin pillowcases. I am a sucker for vintage linens.

It almost makes you forget about sex. LOL
noooo! It makes it more FUN!

September skies
02-25-2006, 09:59 AM
I didn't know Marshall's carried RL things! Guess where *I* am going tomorrow!!

Absolutely - I have gotten several purses, a few polo shirts, turtlenecks, shoes, and sheets -- all RL!

oooh. I am a nice sheet snob! There's not much in this world quite as delicious as extravagant sheets. My favorite are pure white, and I even have stacks of vintage muslin pillowcases. I am a sucker for vintage linens.

I love vintage linens. We have this place called Rescued Treasures -- and I found one. A gorgeous, loomed-to-be-heirloomed (very expensive) bedspread for only $10. I almost had an orgasm! LOL

noooo! It makes it more FUN!
yea- you're right. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

maestrowork
02-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Arguing and playing devil's advocate on bulletin boards. ;)

cool_st_elizabeth
02-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Gossip.
My breakfast coffee drink = nuke 6 oz of 2% milk for 120 seconds. Then stir in at least 1 teaspoon of instant coffee and an equal amount of Hershey's syrup. This drink kicks butt in a gentle way.
Sonic, when traveling south of here.
When I lived in Philadelphia, chili cheese fries.

maestrowork
02-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Hahahaha. I can't tell, I don't want to scare him. Plus, then he'll see the trap before I trip the snare...

Ah, that means he is on AW; otherwise, he wouldn't be able to "see" it... It's pretty obvious it's Haskins. That big heartTHROB. So am I right or am I right?

Liam Jackson
02-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Online computer gaming. I'm an addict.

Smithsonian magazine

Poets and Writers magazine

Jane's Info Group conferences. Hit 'em every chance I get.

(Haskins as a hearthrob? I've always viewed Will as a really cool undertaker-type, or the writer who takes a part time gig working nights at the morgue, "just for the ambiance.")

September skies
02-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Since you're all mentioning morgues and other morbid things:
I'll add Six Feet Under to my list of guilty pleasures.
I loved that show and sorry to see it end.

When I worked fulltime at the paper - there was this funeral director man that would come in every afternoon to drop off or pick up obit pictures that we ran. For awhile, I was the one typing up the obits and his smile would melt me like a popsicle on the fourth of July -- sigh. Then I'd tell myself that someday he'd see me naked -- but unfortunately, I'd be dead!

BlueTexas
02-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Cheetos, bourbon, and far too many leather purses.

ChaosTitan
02-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Heath Bar Bites. DVD Box sets of cancelled TV shows. Anything "Firefly"/Serenity related. Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha with Valencia syrup. Disney song CD's. Scented candles. Josh/Donna shipper fanfiction ("The West Wing"). "MASH" reruns. Peanut Butter M&M's.

stace001
03-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Marky Mark

Hmmmm, how about Marky Mark dipped in chocolate.

oswann
03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Imagining what it would be like to ban everyone from these boards.

Os.

Stew21
03-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I also have an RL addiction, mostly its the Saturday Jeans I can't live without.
Paul Newman movies.
beer. (but I usually don't feel guilty about it)
like JComp - I like bad puns in jokes. We call them groaners. (JComp - do you know the one about the bellringer with no arms? I won't tell the whole joke here, but the punchline is: I don't know who he is but his face rings a bell.)
Brat Pack movies
Oatmeal Creme Pies
Dancing around my living room like an idiot (to my children's laughter) to Bobby Darin, Dean Martin and/or Frank Sinatra songs.

poetinahat
03-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Clove cigarettes.

PattiTheWicked
03-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh, there are a ton of things that I consider guilty pleasures -- things I don't even tell my family. But fear not, Gentle Readers, I will share them with you.

- Heath Bars make me whimper with happiness
- I am hooked on the Ghost Hunters series on SciFi
- Cooking. I love to prepare food, even if I don't plan on eating it. My neighbors see me coming and think "Crap. ANOTHER freakin' cake?"
- The IMdB website. All the useless celebrity info anyone needs summed up in five paragraphs a day.
- Anderson Cooper is kind of sexy. Sometimes I put his show on and hit the Mute button just so I can enjoy the view.
- The Beastie Boys. I like to crank up Sabotage in my truck and howl along with them.

I'm sure there are more I haven't listed, but it's still early.

eldragon
03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Watching Foreign Films (usually evernight, either from Netflix or a local Movie Gallery.)

Eating candy: chocolate, sours, anything.

Drinking bottled water.

Taking a short afternoon nap.

Stew21
03-24-2006, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=PattiTheWicked]- The Beastie Boys. I like to crank up Sabotage in my truck and howl along with them.

QUOTE]

Patti - I love that song! LOVE IT!

And I have to include my ridiculous addiction to TCM and FMC - I could watch an old movie every night of the week, and usually do, after all have gone to bed in my house, turn on TCM to see what I might find. Bogart and Bacall, Grant and Hepburn, aaah...it doesn't get better than that!

Jaycinth
03-25-2006, 12:15 AM
1) Reading (Specifically Sci fi, horror, fantasy, garden books.)
2) Writing
3) Cooking with butter.
4) Not getting out of bed when the alarm first goes off.
5) Thinking
6) Long hot baths
7) A guy
8) My kids' achievements
9) Buying fabric that costs more than $4.00 a yard and buying a pattern that isn't marked down for clearance.
10) Absolute Write.

oh, yeah
11) Prime numbers

tiny
03-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Lately, it's been the huge amount of mud at the end of my street.... oh, and a guy (he has nothing to do with the mud).

William Haskins
03-25-2006, 12:29 AM
ritual scarification of the mind.

Danger Jane
03-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Listening to any music that could possibly be classified as emo. I mean I like Vindicated as much as the next girl, but...it's just so emo.

brokenfingers
03-25-2006, 01:11 AM
One of them is shooting spitballs at the mailman from my roof.

blisswriter
03-26-2006, 07:38 PM
For the past several weeks it's been lightly battered, fried popcorn shrimp. My hubby doesn't know I've been going to that seafood place once a week for lunch.:D

Maryn
03-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Home-made tortillas. The Kid has only been home since Friday night, and she's made them twice already.

Maryn, who will soon approach blimp-like proportions

threedogpeople
03-26-2006, 09:53 PM
300 thread count (and up) sheets...
Expensive shampoo and conditioner...
Ice cream for breakfast...
Having a bed day with my husband...
Quarter slot machines 2 or 3 times a year...
Reading in the hot tub every morning...
Having a heated-stone massage...
Turning the ringer off on the telephone...

writerterri
03-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Tacos, I always have one more just past full.

Sees chocolates. I never buy any I just go in for the free sample. Yes, I feel guilty when I walk out, but I cure it with the sweet morsel in hand (eyes rolled back in head).

My once a year bag of Mother's Iced Raisin cookies. There's still 4 left in the bag. I'm saving them for a late night with a cold glass of soy milk.

AdamH
03-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Gilmour Girls. (Witty dialogue. Great characters.)

Donairs. (Mmmmm...spicy beef with sweet donair sauce wrapped in a pita. Messy goodness...great late night food...just a small description for those of you who don't know what it is but it doesn't even come close to doing it justice.)

Elincoln
03-27-2006, 05:42 AM
A whole day at the Spa (will kill for one right now).

The latest books from my favorite authors.

RPG games from the FF or KH series. (KHII is coming out on Wednesday. Don't expect me around after that.)

Chocolate (big surprise)!

scented candles (or should that be the scent of heated fragrance?)

My daughter's laugh -- love to hear it!