Status
Not open for further replies.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
After not writing a thing in my last WIP, the completed first draft of my YA romance, for over eight months, I've finally started back on it.

I spent a long Sunday morning rewriting the first chapter into something less horrendous, and may have even come up with a satisfactory opening.

This comes after some encouragement from the Conquering Challenges forum, after not having posted here for months as my life took a few unexpected twists and turns over the past year.

Here's hoping to work on it--even if it's a paragraph at a time--at least a little each day.

And you know what? It actually felt good. I'd forgotten what it felt like to write. And to create.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Thunderous applause.] We're glad to hear it.

Maryn, who hoped for as much

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back and keep that attitude: A little a day, everyday. Constant movement forward tends to build momentum, until the day comes when you notice, whoa, I've got a story down here!

evilrooster

Wicked chicken
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunpig.com
underthecity, that's great! Long may it run, and to interesting places!

Me too.

Except the horse is dead.

caw

I had that happen once. Had it most of the way buried when the season changed and the darned thing surged up out of its grave. Ran off with me in the spring.

Hope the same happens to you.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
underthecity, that is good to hear. I had pretty much the same thing happen. 35,000 words and I just stopped. I simply didn't have it in me anymore (I thought), due to many things in life going on.
I'm beginning the process of writing again, and cut this loose to a reader, rather than a friend who has a masters in writing and is absolutely briliant, who makes me feel like I've just stuck a part of my anatomy in a paper shredder...and the reader read it all in one day.
THAT is a great feeling. Yeah, I haven't sold it, or even tried, but to have someone devour the first draft like that is a good feeling.
If it's one sentence or one thousand paragraphs, never stop writing. I won't stop again.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Well, I'm trying anyway. Thank you all for the comments. Right now I'm trying to rewrite my first chapter since evidently this new version doesn't quite gel either.

I'm experiencing lots of starts and stops. Mostly stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.