Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Is anyone familiar with Angelica magazine? For example, does anyone know when it will start to come out, where it will be sold, etc.? Is there any other information about it, such as who is backing it and the experience they have in magazine publishing? It looks like it could be a promising market (OK, not for me, but for writers on this board :D), but I don't want to see things come to a halt because of delays, etc. :(

There is a thread on the Bewares Board about it because of several concerns. For example, there was concern that they were taking out expensive ads to look for new writers, which is pretty rare (especially for a magazine with such a high pay scale). Also, some people were concerned about the fact that they appear to be charging for writers' guidelines. (I think the cost includes a sample copy, but if the magazine hasn't come out yet, it will take a while for writers to receive that.)

On the other hand, at least the subscription price offered to writers looks attractive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.