Trying to learn french? Or Italian? Or Mandarin? or...?

thisisobservantme

Registered
Reaction score
Okay I can't keep this in anymore! Must tell!
I discovered this language-learning website called (Insert Language)Pod101.com (ex. FrenchPod101.com).
It has maybe 25 different languages for you to choose from. Unfortunately it costs like $10 a month for a premium subscription, but there's a seven day free trial. You get so much out of this program! You can start at really any level and there are these lessons you listen to and seriously just check it out because it will take me so long to explain it!
I promise I'm not advertising either. Really, I'm not!

Last edited:

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
There's also memrise.com, where people like you and me can upload language lessons for whatever languages you can think of in whatever categories they want. So Beginner Malay or Malay Greetings or Malay Shopping, for example. There's a huge amount of different languages for different skill levels and so on.

The husband and I are working through Malay (wow, who could have guessed that from me mentioning Malay five times already?) since we're in this part of the world. The husband is having way more success than I, probably because he's already fluent in several languages (I'm not) and some of those languages share words with Malay, most likely because of the Malay influence on Sinhala and Tamil from when Malays moved to Sri Lanka over the past bunch of centuries.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I know about [language]pod101.com. I actually use About.com's French section as it is free and so extensive.

I've also used memrise in the past, too.