PDA

View Full Version : YA Beta Reader :)

Krissy Reynolds
10-27-2013, 06:28 AM
After working with a few writing buddies on finishing it, my novel is complete at 95k. I've finished two rounds of editing, but now am looking for a few fresh sets of eyes to really find out whats working, and especially all the things that are not. I'm willing to SWAP as well :)

It's YA, a bit of paranormal, a bit of magic realism, and a bit of dystopian--I'd love for a beta to help assist on the genre as well.

Here's the query:

Seventeen-year-old Ellie Tyler is caught between two lives in different worlds, and she’s not entirely sure which one’s real.

After months of haunting dreams—an insurmountable wall, a circular brand—Ellie can’t suppress the nagging feeling of déjà vu. When she meets the mysterious Cayden, there’s an instant connection. He tells Ellie that he has known her for years, not as Ellie, but as Elodie, a girl from his world. Ellie's dreams are Elodie's memories. The rulers of Cayden’s oppressed world, The Supremacy, stripped Elodie of her soul and inserted it into Ellie’s body, in this world, after she tried to defy them.

With no recollection of this, Ellie wants it all to disappear. She just wants a dreamless night’s sleep and to graduate high school with her friends. However, the intensifying dreams start occurring even when she’s awake.

The deeper she delves into the dreams, the harder they are to ignore. Ellie’s wrist burns from the memory of Elodie’s brand. Her body hums with adrenaline after recalling Elodie’s leap off a three-hundred foot wall. Reality blurs the more she begins to care about Cayden and the world Elodie was trying to save. A world where everyone is an unwitting test subject under The Supremacy’s lethal microscope.

Elodie knew the key to stopping The Supremacy. The knowledge locked away in Ellie’s dreams can save thousands of innocent lives—or if ignored, end them.

All Ellie has to do is remember, but that may mean forgetting herself.

PM me or message on here if you are interested or would like to know more!

Thanks!

evee123zy
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM
From what I can see, it seems like a lot of people are viewing this thread, but no one is replying. I could be completely wrong about this, but it might be because the title is a bit misleading: I came here thinking you were a YA beta reader, not that you were looking for one.

If you are looking for one, maybe change the title. Also, you can peruse this thread (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154927) to find a beta, or you can wait until December and I will beta for you.

stephl
12-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Are still looking for a beta? PM me if you are.

playground
12-30-2013, 06:27 AM
If you are still interested in a beta and will do a beta-swap, PM me.

yvonne58
01-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Hi. I have a completed YA novel that sounds very similar to yours. I'm looking to do a beta-swap. PM me if you're still looking for someone.

Amy Jay
01-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Sounds interesting! I'll join the others in saying you can message me if you'd like one more reader.