PDA

View Full Version : Betas Needed for YA Fantasy

Levico
10-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Hey all,
Here's round two of my beta call. Got one last time, and had some great suggestions put in. Now, if I could get one more solid read before I start querying, I'd be happy. Looking for feedback on pacing and plot, and good ol' all-round 'This sucks, toss it.' :P

Raven's Call is a adventurous young-adult fantasy complete at 130K (yikes!) words. Here's a blurb/synopsis/thing.

The best weapons are never made. They're born.

Baethon Greyson's adopted sister is one of those weapons: a wierfox burning with soul-fire and potential for greatness. Keyla's future is set for the life of a warrior, a path she welcomes. But there are those in the land that would control the girl, her abilities and others like her.

A cruel strike in the dark takes Baethonís sister and sends the one person he could call his father into the void. To set out in pursuit of those who have Keyla isn't an option. Accompanied by the local bartender, his journey takes him to the farthest reaches of the land and brings him into friendships with a land-bound pirates, elves of the night and day, and a wandering man who likes to meddle in important affairs.

With the noose of events beyond his control tightening around his neck, and the threat of war looming on the horizon, Baethon is plunged into adventure, conflict and danger worthy of the bards' songs. But what began as a simple quest soon reveals itself as anything but. No one is who they say they are, and he can't shake the nagging feeling that he is being used.

But he will get his sister back, no matter the cost.

Phew, that was long. But if you're interested, send me a PM.
Cheers,
~Lev