A Time to Rant or a Time to Play

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
This is the place to put your favorite rant. Quote other people or say your piece. Tell your favorite jokes. Above all, be nice and remember the forum rules.

Be nice.

I'll go first. Why do people call a writer a writer? Why not call someone who does wrong a wronger? It's because the one who does write, is always right. Therefore, he is a Righter, write?

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
Exactly what is a sense of humor? Some are fine tuned. Some are coarse. Some are well-bred, some are well-fed. How do we define, refine, and confine a sense of humor? Some can't seem to find theirs, and some seem to have lost it. For some it's buried treasure, and some others it is an inconvenience.

My other pseudo Nym is Dr. Hugh Moore. (Ya have to say it fast one time). The doc is famous for his tooth extraction. That's what the guy with the lisp said anyway. He was trying to say truth extraction.

A 12 year old girl at school yesterday asked if I had a grandson. I said I had several. Then I asked her why. She said, "So I can marry him, then you could be my grandpa." She told me real quick how old I really was. She didn't even ask about my son.

Proves one thing - Days go by slowly, but the years just seem to fly by.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
You might enjoy this thread in TIO. It's a bit more serious in tone (real rants), but it does give us all a chance to chime in and say "S/he did what to youse? Dat basterd!" in solidarity with the ranter. Very invigorating! :)

Hmm, what can I be ranty about today? I know--my new shoes!

They're actually lovely shoes--y'know, those ones that have toes built into them? So comfy!

But darn it, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who notices I'm wearing them stops me to ask questions. I'm walking around in the single most fiendishly potent conversation starters known to mankind.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome shoes, jjd! You just need a t shirt to go with that says in big letters IF YOU COMMENT ON MY SHOES IMA HAVE TO KILL YOU.

:D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Why do people call a writer a writer? Why not call someone who does wrong a wronger? It's because the one who does write, is always right. Therefore, he is a Righter, write?

... :-D

And you know, it might be a good term, "wronger,"
for people who do something wrong when they write,
like make a typo, e.g. Jane wnet to the store.

Ken = a wronger ! :)

:-(

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Rant? Why would I want to rant? Do I look like I need to rant? Is that even nice? You take one look at me and the first thing that comes to mind is that I look angry and pithed off? Not only are you all meen, but I'm way better than that. I have a positive attitude, and I have it all day long!

I mean... I don't know how to rant, and even if I did, what would ranting get me anyways? It's just massive dump of negativity. Here we are supposed to be supporting each other as writers (even if no one really likes my writing except the lurkers that send me tons and tons of PMs) and not be negative and you're asking me to rant?

Who put you up to this? Oh, I know. How totally transparent. It was that OFG wasn't it? It's always OFG's fault. Like I can help it that I'm younger??? It's so totally her fault that I can't rant and don't want to rant. I'm just too dang happy here to rant, but if that's what you want... if that's really what you're asking for - people jumping up and down and misspelling stuff and adding way too many exclamation points, and putting stuff in bold and lots o squiggly symbols... then I should just leave because I'm far to happy and positive for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Rant? Why would I want to rant? Do I look like I need to rant? Is that even nice? You take one look at me and the first thing that comes to mind is that I look angry and pithed off? Not only are you all meen, but I'm way better than that. I have a positive attitude, and I have it all day long!

I mean... I don't know how to rant, and even if I did, what would ranting get me anyways? It's just massive dump of negativity. Here we are supposed to be supporting each other as writers (even if no one really likes my writing except the lurkers that send me tons and tons of PMs) and not be negative and you're asking me to rant?

Who put you up to this? Oh, I know. How totally transparent. It was that OFG wasn't it? It's always OFG's fault. Like I can help it that I'm younger??? It's so totally her fault that I can't rant and don't want to rant. I'm just too dang happy here to rant, but if that's what you want... if that's really what you're asking for - people jumping up and down and misspelling stuff and adding way too many exclamation points, and putting stuff in bold and lots o squiggly symbols... then I should just leave because I'm far to happy and positive for this sort of thing.

Yayayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!123~`````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YA!!!!!! YA....WHooah!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~, it's finally over, now can we get some drinks? You're buyin' since you made me read all that.

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
... :-D
And you know, it might be a good term, "wronger,"
for people who do something wrong when they write,
like make a typo, e.g. Jane wnet to the store.
Ken = a wronger ! :)
:-(

Terminology of the fleameister
fleaism - when a word is misspelled
flooism - when the whole paragraph (or page) is screwed
[The floo is a six foot Dodo bird]

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com

Kelly is the winneer of the best rant of the day. WOW. Would that we could all rant as good. She's gooder than I am.

That's what we want around here! positive Ranting. Four Stars for the Rant queen - kelly. I takes me hats off ta ya.

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
And another thing . . . . .

People who read and don't post . . . . . and Oxidol Morons . . . .

It was so hot I froze to death. Her skirt was so short it drug the floor. His nose was so short it ran. Even pretty girls pick their nose. He was so bald, you could see his receding hairline. He put so much mayo on his sandwich, he dripped mustard on his nice shirt.

At least use spell check . . . .

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
He was a tall. thin, long-haired, short, fat, bald man.

Well he was.