World Fantasy Brighton, England Oct. 31-Nov. 3 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

This is the convention:

http://www.wfc2013.org/

I know there are a number of AWers going.

I think you should meetup.

And send us a picture!

So who's interested in a meetup?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I'm there and I'll be deffo meeting with some Awers (Llam, Anne Lyle, Eyeblink, Waylander and Broadswordbabe, hoping to find Wes Chu too. EETA these are just the people I know are definitely going, and I can recognise on sight, so I'll be pretty sure of seeing them)

Hey, rooster, I'll see you in the bar, right? ETA: Or anyone else, obviously!

If we take pictures it should be on Halloween. :D

Last edited:

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Damn. If I'd known about it sooner I'd have been there. My aunt lives in Brighton and Jos and I could have stayed there. No way I could arrange anything like this on such short notice with her work schedule, though.

Instead, I shall live vicariously through the rest of you.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
I'll be there!
How many are likely to be at the Awards Banquet? If most of us are skipping that on Sunday, we could have an alternative meet-up in one of the bars.

-Barbara

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Bar 106 looks to be available only for private rental, so that leaves the Waterhouse Bar if one stays within the hotel. The food prices for the Waterhouse Bar are a bit lower than for the Waterhouse Restaurant.

Outside the hotel there are pubs, restaurants and more hotels....
-Barbara

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
The prices overall are fairly steep. Having seen the catering prices..o_O (then again, Brighton is not cheap generally unless you go to the right areas. It is not cheap on the seafront usually)

One suspects there will be offsite stuff/parties/etc but that'll probably mostly be on an ad hoc basis. I know of one offsite get together so far (gathered from another forum, so I'm not sure about netiquet)

But AWers will be all over the place - the trick is identifying ourselves! (as I said upthread, I know I'll be meeting some because I know what they look like...)

But generally every convo I have about WFC, or any con, starts or ends with the phrase 'in the bar' so you can't go far wrong if you lurk there!

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I'd love to be there, but alas...

Have fun, all.

Godsdammit all, that means I can't attack you with my penguin glove puppet. Git. :D

The tricky thing is going to be knowing who we all are.

In that vein I shall either have a penguin glove puppet, a la my avvie, or I will have a hairy coo* sticking out of my bag. This is my version of "I'll be wearing a carnation"

What's yours, so we'll know you? Because wandering up to random peoples at the bar and asking if they AW..yeah, that could get tricky.

*Highland cow. My twitter avvie

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
My avi actually is a picture of me. But I am not sepia in person. We need AW t-shirts or ballcaps or something.
I may be wearing a Worldcon '79 t-shirt, because that's the last time I was at the Brighton Metropole.
-Barbara

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I'll be there! I haven't figured out any fun identifiable accessories to wear yet*, but I look like this (except indoors and more lost-looking). The Batman t-shirt will probably make an appearance on one of the days.

I'll also be going to the Forbidden Planet Angry Robot megasigning, if all goes well.#

*EDIT: Actually, I'll be carrying a handbag with a Maw patch on it.

Last edited:

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be there, hope to meet some of you! Especially as it's my first ever con so I have no idea what I'm doing :) I'll definitely be in the bar after the YA panel on Friday, and although I'm not Calvin I do have short messy blonde hair...

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, hope to see you, then. Btw is Francis the name you'll answer to in a bar, or?

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Maybe any AWers who are in the bar and want to meet up can just write AW boldly on a piece of card, fold it into a tent card and stand it on the table?

-Barbara

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be there tonight? On the one hand, free party! On the other, doesn't seem like anyone's arriving till Thursday or Friday...

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Hello from Brighton! I'll be in the Waterhouse Bar today at the lunch break and at the dinner break - the dinner break is a possible Viable Paradise meet-up, open to those just interested in the Viable Paradise workshop as well.
-Barbara (wearing a bright yellow VP t-shirt today)

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Ah, Matthew, that's a shame. Will we see you at Loncon or Fantasycon 2014 maybe?

WFC 2013 has been great fun so far, I've met Girl Friday (who's been absolutely fantastic and has been showing me the cool parts of Brighton!) and Waylander (NICEST GUY EVER) so far.

I haven't seen eyeblink, AnnaWhite, Francis, batgirl or Evilrooster around but I'll be keeping an eye out! There was someone, a blonde lady I think, who mentioned Absolutewrite in the questions section of 'Surviving as an Indie Press' but I'm not sure who it was?

Tomorrow I'll try to wear an eyecatching t-shirt. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.