• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Getting Desparate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in need of a beta reader but can't seem to get a "real" one, a committed one, or one who is more than just a "fan". I tried to the FB route because I have over 1600 friends, a majority of whom are in the industry. I had a wonderful one, but she had to get a full time job on top of going to school and five kids. TOTALLY understandable. I've been asked to trade beta reads and I'll be honest...I suck at beta reading. I get too lost in a story and forget to edit, or I get insecure about trying to edit someone else's work after offering a fellow writer some pointers and getting nailed publicly for it. (long story) Others offered and all I would get back was "I like it" if I got anything back. (Yay for them. They got a free read, if they even read it.)

So, here I am, on bended knee, pleading with those who are good at beta reading, who love to read urban fantasy, who are not squeamish or prude (some gore and a sex scene) to read through my book. I'm in the talks with a pub and I want to make sure it's tip top shape before going to the editor (if I choose to go with these guys. If not, I want it tip top before I send it out again). I've read the book so many times I can no longer see the forest through the trees.

If you're interested, have the time, and know way more than I do about beta reading either reply here or PM me and I'll send you the prologue and/or first chapter. If you like what you read and we mesh I will be the most grateful person you will ever meet to actually be my beta reader. PLEASE!!!! I need someone who knows what they're doing! I'm beyond blind to my own work!

Okay, now that I'm done begging, I'll look forward to hearing from...someone...anyone...please?

jlstov

Registered
Reaction score
Sening you a PM for some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.