Getting my print right back-

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this- so feel free to move is there is a more appropriate place to ask-

I have 5 books published with a small publishing house that at the time pubbed in every genre. They were available in both print and digital formats. Now, while my books are still available through them in digital, they have stopped Print and they no longer accept every genre. They are only concentrating on romance and erotica.

My lastest news from them is that they are now going back to print- but because they dont have reviewers in my genre (Thriller) Readers interested in my genre will not be looking at my book,

I want to get my print rights back from my publisher and possibly see about self pubbing them in print only. I understand I would have to get a different cover and ISBN? But that would be ok. I just want them available in print again- any advice?

Last edited:

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Im waiting for a reply from my publisher now. My contracts on my rights are expired, but the rights have not officialy been revertred back to me.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're asking us for: do you need advice on getting your rights back? If so, we can't really help: you need to check your contract for information about that. If you want to know what you have to do to self publish, then you are in the right place--but wait until you've got a reversion of rights letter from your publisher.

Also, take care: some publishing contracts specify that you're not allowed to use your publisher's edited version of your book, even after your rights are reverted. It's a stinker, but if it's in your contract you have to follow the rules.

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about that. After re- reading the origonal post I realize I was less than clear. Maybe becasue Im not sure what Im asking myself. I suppose what I want is opinion on self pubbing the print version once right are reverted back to me. Is it a good idea? Thanks for the advice on the editing OH. I didnt know that and will certainly look at my contract for clauses. I keep getting requests for my books in print format and that clearly isnt going to happen through my publisher so I wanted to come up with another way to get it out there.
So I guess when I get my rights reverted I should ask again - sorry about that:)

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
If you've got customers asking to buy print editions of your books, why wouldn't you make them available? Unless you can afford it and think there is sufficient demand for it, you don't need to do a print run. You can set them up at a POD company (links to various options at the top of this forum) who will distribute via Amazon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.