Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
For those interested in Kensington's new Aphrodisia line, this notice just showed up on an RWA loop I'm on, with permission to forward:

Hilary Sares from Kensington emailed this morning and asked that I pass the following along.

You're my Texas contacts, so if anyone wants to check out Geraldo around noon EST tomorrow (Thursday), our editor-in-chief, John Scognamiglio, will be interviewed on the subject of erotica along with my Aphrodisia author, Sunny Chen (check out her website,
she's such a glamorpuss and incredibly intelligent, made a big sale to Berkley after selling her first ever to me, a novella in THE HARD STUFF) and John got great quotes and Aphrodisia got a very nice write-up in yesterday's USA TODAY article on erotica!

Maybe they'll give some guidelines or hints about what sort of stories they're looking for! :Thumbs:

AprilBoo

Good to be back
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see this interview, but the same guy is quoted in this USA Today article about the rising popularity of erotic novels:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2006-02-20-romance-novels_x.htm

Not very specific about what they are looking for, but I did have to laugh at the idea that five years ago editors thought "hot, sexy novels" were out of the question.

My local Books-A-Million is carrying Aphrodisia and lots of other erotic novels now. They still have the "Historical Romance" sign on top of the shelf though. I don't know if that's just because they haven't had time to change it, or if they are trying to attract the Victorian-era bodice-ripper seekers.

chicagogal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sylviaresnick.com
erotica

in 1961 and 1962 I worked with a now defunct publisher and wrote two (semi) erotic books that were published at their request under psuedonyms . these were written at a desk in my kitchen while life went on around me. somehow I managed to complete each in two weeks. at that time the books were placed at the very top shelf of the bookstand and my friends and family referred to them as my "dirty" books. the language was embarassing at the time but by today's standards very tame. now I am thinking that a couple of my mainstream novels could easily be rewritten in today's erotic vernacular. do I dare to try? I'd also like to rework one of the previously published book for today's market. anyone have any thoughts on the above?