PDA

View Full Version : Just a thanks!

Nina Kaytel
10-14-2013, 10:17 PM
This might be the wrong place to put this.
I wanted to say thank you to the people of this forum. I have always struggled with my editing skills, but in the two weeks I have belonged here I have seen a vast improvement. I ordered one of the books recommended in the 'Share your work thread' it's called Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King and I am also working everyday with Elements of Writing by James Kinneavy and John Warriner. I have learned a lot thus far and with that a much needed boost in my confidence.

Thanks again! <3

amergina
10-14-2013, 10:33 PM
This might be the wrong place to put this.
I wanted to say thank you to the people of this forum. I have always struggled with my editing skills, but in the two weeks I have belonged here I have seen a vast improvement. I ordered one of the books recommended in the 'Share your work thread' it's called Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King and I am also working everyday with Elements of Writing by James Kinneavy and John Warriner. I have learned a lot thus far and with that a much needed boost in my confidence.

Thanks again! <3

:D Glad you've found AW helpful!

I'm going to move this thread to Bulletin Board, which seems a better place for it. :)

zanzjan
10-14-2013, 11:15 PM
You're very welcome, and thank you for being a part of our community :)

Maryn
10-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Special thanks go to whoever raised you to be thoughtful enough to show your gratitude, too. (Good job, Nina's parents!)

Maryn, tickled beige

ajcizzle
04-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Glad I stumbled upon this thread because Im definitely getting a feel for this website a lot more because of it. awesome people here

Mr. Fix
04-29-2015, 07:14 AM
Hey AW gang, it's been a very long time for me, and I'm glad to be back!

This seemed to be a good thread to return on...

I have often found good help with my writing whenever I visit here. And the humor of most of the people here is just terribly funny - I think sarcasm abounds in writers - unless your a Professor.

I'm still unpublished and sitting on a semi-complete manuscript, seeking an editor, and counting my pennies...

I think I am still considering "Self Publication," but I had the desire to come back here for a few more tips, before doing anything tragic.

Well, I'm gonna lurk for awhile, as I get my sea legs back, but I'll see ya all around the cooler!