PDA

View Full Version : The Finally Official Announcement

tjwriter
02-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Finally! A formal announcement on the birth of my daughter. I went to labor on January 30th at 5:30 in the morning. Piper was born at 7:59 the morning of the 31st, which was indeed her due date.

Labor was fun. I didn't progress all day and my doc refused to give me Pitocin because 2:00 PM was too late in the day. I had the nurse from hell when it came time to push, which was also the time my tubing for my epidural quit working and the feeling in my a** started coming back.

Good news was I only pushed for 25-30 minutes. Then came the scariest moment in my life. She didn't cry. They whisk her over to the warmer and still I hear no sounds. Then I hear a few sounds, but no wailing. They call my husband over and tell him that they have to take her to the NICU.

Five days later she gets to come home. Looks like most of the issues were due to hard labor but they had to watch her an extra two days because she has a slow resting heart rate, which eventually was declared a nonissue.

Things are looking good now. We are excited and watch the progress she makes every day.

Yeshanu
02-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Congrats, tj!

JennaGlatzer
02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Aww, hooray, TJ! What a scary feeling that must have been, but I'm so glad it turned out well. Congrats!

travNastee
02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoteClap.gif congrats

Shwebb
02-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Congrats, TJ--welcome to the mommy club. Have any questions, I'm sure you will get plenty of advice. Or, if you need to rant, we'll let you vent. :)

motormouth
02-22-2006, 11:32 PM
:D

NeuroFizz
02-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Warmest contratulations. What a wonderful treasure.

aka eraser
02-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Congratulations! The tough part's over. You can relax. The next 20 years will be a breeze.

;)

Unique
02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Congratulations! The tough part's over. You can relax. The next 20 years will be a breeze.

;)

He's lying.;)

StoryG27
02-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Oh how scary. I'm so glad everything is ok. She is such a beautiful little baby! Congrats.

aadams73
02-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Congratulations! May she live a long, happy and healthy life!

JAlpha
02-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Congrats :snoopy:

February is a wonderful month to snuggle in with a new born baby. I had two out of my three in February :)

Before you know it, she'll be on your hip, and splashing in a wading pool, and old enough for those precious little baby swings that bring such giggles and joy to a baby's first summer.

Liam Jackson
02-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Congrats, TJ. Very happy to hear all is well with you and yours.

(I think Eraser found your epidural)

awatkins
02-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Congratulations!

:) :) :)

I love her name-Piper. That's neat. :)

Angela
02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Awwwww.........what a Sweetie!!! She's adorable!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our oldest daughter scared us because she had her cord wrapped around her neck and she was blue, (like mother, like daughter.....) but she did fine after a blow-by. I don't think I've ever seen such fear in my husband's eyes.... Thank goodness everything's fine now!!

Enjoy the snuggly days, they go by WAAAAAY too fast!! :(

clintl
02-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Congrats, tj!

Sarita
02-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Congrats, TJ and the family! Enjoy your new addition. I can't wait for mine :) (4 more months and counting...)

arrowqueen
02-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Congratulations. Wonderful news.

Cabinscribe
02-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Congratulations!

I'm so happy for you!

BlackCrowesChick
02-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Congratulations!! :)

threedogpeople
02-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Congratulations! Nothing smells better than a newborn's skin! I am glad that you both are well!:welcome: baby, Piper. :Cake: Happy Birthday!

OneTeam OneDream
02-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!

:) :) :)

I love her name-Piper. That's neat. :)

That is my daughter's name too!

Congrats.

Pat~
02-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Warmest congratulations, tj! Both of ours were NICU babies, so I empathize with your experience. (They were preemie, plus baby #1's labor was so hard, his whole face was black and blue, eyes swollen shut for a few days...they called him "Rocky" in the NICU). They're tough cookies now.

Best wishes to Piper for a happy and healthy life!

tjwriter
02-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks for all the congrats. We appreciate them.

It appears that the name is growing in popularity.
One of my nurses was working her first night back from maternity leave and she named her daughter Piper. There was another one by a lady that worked in information management that the NICU nurses had told me about.

There was someone else too.

My name, Tori, was somewhat rare when I was born, but has grown quite popular now. Shooting for the same ballpark for Piggly Wiggly here, it seems I succeeded. I was afraid that I wouldn't get to name her Piper because my husband kept telling me no. Then at the hospital he tells me that maybe he just wanted to say no. It seems that he truly didn't mind the name. Maybe I just wanted to smack you.
:box:

Anyway, glad to know there are more Pipers out there.

TJ, who should be writing cover letters, but Piggly Wiggly isn't sleepy

clara bow
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Congratulations! Glad to hear everyone made it through in good health.

Maryn
02-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh, how wonderful is that? And scary, but I'm a sucker for a happy ending--thanks for manufacturing one.

Our nest is so empty--I wish all you folks with new babies lived in my neighborhood! Every one of you would get a little break now and then, and I could once again hold someone very new to the world and just marvel.

Maryn, wishing her a long and happy life

Redd Ryden
08-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Finally! A formal announcement on the birth of my daughter. I went to labor on January 30th at 5:30 in the morning. Piper was born at 7:59 the morning of the 31st, which was indeed her due date.

TJWriter! Tori!! BIG Congratulations!!! :welcome: to the world, Piper!

(yeah, I *know* you've been here awhile-- but the Big Bird I'm riding is really slow...)