Just Wanted To Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is something very nice that I wanted to share with all of you. My sister-in-law purchased a Stories of Strength book for her hairdresser. Her hairdresser had been going through a very difficult time with her parents and hadn't been talking to them for quite awhile. The strain of this was spilling over into her marriage. Anyway, my sister-in-law gave her a copy of SoS for Christmas, hoping that it would help her in an uplifting way.

Well, since then, this woman has sought counselling and re-established a relationship with her parents. It is still a somewhat strained relationship but improving in gradual steps. She is so much happier, and thusly her marriage is too, because of the brave steps she has taken. She made a point of telling my sister-in-law how very much SoS has inspired her to move on and make the best of her life for what it is now. She doesn't wish to dwell on the past anymore but instead to move forward - as she realizes that life is too short.

Anyway, when my sister-in-law told me this, I was touched in a very deep way in knowing what SoS is really all about. It was humbling to me and at the same time enlightening as to the beautiful power of SoS.

Anyway, I hope it's ok that I shared this with all of you.

Debbie
smile.gif

Last edited:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is so nice of you to tell us that story

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for sharing, Deb. You made my day.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Debbie for sharing. It feels good knowing the true purpose of SoS is still shining its way through. Wishing your SIL's friend, continued success.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Deb, this story is so incredibe, and I am in awe of this hairdresser who read these words with an open heart. I'll think of her often, as her story is as uplifting to us as our words were to her. Thanks, Deb.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Deb, that is wonderful and so inspiring. I'm thinking that others are inspired too and I know I've loved reading the stories and poems in the book. Thanks so much for sharing such great and heart-warming news. You da best!

Status
Not open for further replies.