Queries and E-Queries for Screenplays

Saul Rothman

Registered
Reaction score
First, I'm so impressed with this site. I just went through all the query stickies and the special links for screenwriters. I will be mining all this information.

But, unless I missed it, I didn't find information specific to the screenplay query. Is this simply because there's no difference? It would surprise me to learn that there were no little differences, especially since it seems that there is a larger number of groups to which a query for an SP might be sent.

Also, I've only recently been hearing buzz about e-queries but am completely ignorant about them.

So, second:

I would be extremely grateful if those with some knowledge would post anything they have to offer about SP queries and e-queries.

Thanks,
Saulisa

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
First, I'm so impressed with this site. I just went through all the query stickies and the special links for screenwriters. I will be mining all this information.

But, unless I missed it, I didn't find information specific to the screenplay query. Is this simply because there's no difference? It would surprise me to learn that there were no little differences, especially since it seems that there is a larger number of groups to which a query for an SP might be sent.

Also, I've only recently been hearing buzz about e-queries but am completely ignorant about them.

So, second:

I would be extremely grateful if those with some knowledge would post anything they have to offer about SP queries and e-queries.

Thanks,
Saulisa

A screenplay query is indeed different. I *think* there's some discussion in Screenwriting SYW or in the regular Screenwriting area in genres.

Basically, it's just a logline. That's all she wrote. :)

ETA - Here is a link to the general Screenwriting area, which isn't under genre, so it's a bit hard to find. The other is under SYW with the rest - password is vista, if you haven't been there.

Last edited:

Saul Rothman

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Cornflake!

I have found a screenwriter's section here and am going through it -- but the more links, the better. This place is huge!

Saulisa