Form rejection or not?

you-think-too-much

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.you-think-too-much.com
I've gotten this rejection from NANO Fiction twice. Is this the rejection everyone gets, and or do they really want to see more of my work?

Thank you for the opportunity to read "*****". After much consideration we have decided to pass on this submission.

However, your work came really close, and we'd really love to see more of your work as soon as you have some to send us.

We look forward to reading you again!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
I would say that it's a form, but perhaps a higher tier one that they send to writers whose work they enjoyed (I've never submitted to NANO, so maybe someone with experience with them can confirm). A personal rejection will usually have a line or two directly referencing your story and saying what the editor liked or didn't like about it.

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
^^What Sai said. I've gotten several rejections like that from agents, and even though they're still form rejections, it is nice to hear sometimes. You'll know when a rejection is personalized because it'll say something specific about your work and why the agent/editor is turning it down.

I don't know much about NANO either, but if they have a page on querytracker or some other site, you might want to visit it and see what kinds of responses others are getting.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Yep, sounds like higher-tier form to me, too :)

ericalynn

Registered
Reaction score
according to the rejection wiki their standard says: "Thank you for sending us "TITLE". We appreciate the chance to read it. Unfortunately, the piece is not for us.
Thanks again. Best of luck placing this piece elsewhere." so I would say yours is definitely a higher tier. good job!